We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Hosting Suspended (Cron memory usage) | Forum

Cecil
Cecil Feb 23 '12
Hey all, just  quick note if anybody else has had cron job suspensions by your hosts ? we have a few sites with justhost and recently had this incident until now we haven't had any issues with them.

Is there anyway we can set this cron usage to a minimal ? as now it's every second I gather. This has made a big impact for us and we are hoping to continue to use oxwall but wondering if we lack the cron what will we miss out on apart from updates ? chat info (i.e people online etc).

Cheers

Owen Baines
Owen Baines Feb 23 '12
Oxwall Recommends you run it once a minute. 5 Minutes is the most it can possible be without effects on your Users and all that.

If your host wont allow any of that, Then i recommend you move Services. I know a host called TLC Hosting (http://tlchosting.co.uk) and we provide cheap hosting and can support Oxwall Cron at 1 minute. Plus we help with Server Moves and Advanced Source Development. Mainly i do all that.

But in A Short, 1 minute cron is recommended. 5 Minutes is most.

Cecil
Cecil Feb 25 '12
Cheers, I've since moved now to my VPS which has no limits in that regard, shocked that Just Host was such a failure as they have been superb up to now with every other script and site have used..

Thx Owen

Owen Baines
Owen Baines Feb 25 '12
Your Welcome.

Oxwall is recommended to run on Hosts that have resources to allow 1 minute crons. Dedicated Servers and VPS are the best for this.