We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Site Broken After Transferring to New Domain | Forum

James
James Apr 19 '15
So I transferred my site from one domain to another (but on the same host and server) and now it is broken. Most of the URLs are set to the old domain even though I changed the URL in the config file.
dave Leader
dave Apr 19 '15
i think you have to give it some time to propagate.  Try clearing your dns cache via the windows cmd prompt     ipconfig /flushdns    

if that does not work then try looking at the site via an anon proxy like http://anonymouse.org/anonwww.html   this will allow you to see the site how the world see it.  

If that does not work let me know. Remember that it could take up to 24-48 hours for the new domain to propagate. 

James
James Apr 19 '15
DNS shouldn't have anything to do with this. It's that the code on the site is outputting the old domain instead of the new one.
dave Leader
dave Apr 19 '15
well as far as i know if you have correctly changed the url in the config file, and checked your htaccess to be sure there is nothing in there that would force it to the old domain and you have cleared the cache then it should resolve 
dave Leader
dave Apr 19 '15
did you remember to start your cron job on the new domain?
James
James Apr 19 '15
Yeah, and the htaccess is a brand new one and the config is set to the correct domain.
James
James Apr 19 '15
Unless the htaccess is flawed:

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On
AddEncoding gzip .gz

AddEncoding gzip .gzip

<FilesMatch "\.(js.gz|js.gzip)$">  ForceType text/javascript</FilesMatch>

<FilesMatch "\.(css.gz|css.gzip)$">  ForceType text/css</FilesMatch>

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/index\.php

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} /ow_updates/index\.php

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ow_updates/

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} /ow_cron/run\.php

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} /e500\.php#

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (/|\.php|\.html|\.htm|\.xml|\.feed|robots\.txt|\.raw|/[^.]*)$  [NC]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} (/|\.php|\.html|\.htm|\.xml|\.feed|robots\.txt|\.raw|/[^.]*)$  [NC]

RewriteRule (.*) index.php

The Forum post is edited by James Apr 19 '15
dave Leader
dave Apr 19 '15
sorry i had to rest for a bit....   did you get this resolved?
James
James Apr 19 '15
Not at all, URLs are still pointing to the wrong domain.
dave Leader
dave Apr 19 '15
i looked in the DB config table and there is nothing that i see that could contribute to this.  and your htaccess i dont see anything wrong with it right off.    Can you give me both url please, old and new domain.  Pm me if you want. 
James
James Apr 19 '15
Old: http://test.morbidentree.com/oxwall

New: spaceface.co

dave Leader
dave Apr 19 '15
spaceface.co   comes up just fine for me and old one fails, i dont see the problem seems like its working just fine 
James
James Apr 19 '15
Look through the posts and try going to other pages. Those are the broken parts.
dave Leader
dave Apr 19 '15
oh those will take time to fix themselves, the software needs time to fix the urls for those links it should correct itself 
dave Leader
dave Apr 19 '15
the newsfeed stuff needs to catch up and repair and it will 
James
James Apr 19 '15
How long will that take? It's been about 2 days since the move.
dave Leader
dave Apr 19 '15
oh ok well thats what i read is that it takes time... but if its been that long then i understand, try to deactivate the blog and reactivate and see if it creates the page. let me know
James
James Apr 19 '15
I can't do that since logging in doesn't work at the moment.
dave Leader
dave Apr 19 '15
if it were me i would deactivate them in the db and then turn them back on but dont do that. The team is starting to trickle in so lets wait for them here.  I dont want you messing with the DB unless we have to.  
dave Leader
dave Apr 19 '15
i assume all the plugins were on when you shut it down to move it, is that correct?
Pages: 1 2 »