We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Support Questions - Friend Lists | Forum

Sergey Kambalin
Sergey Kambalin Apr 20 '15
Feel free to ask anything about the plugin 
Martha Dellus
Martha Dellus Apr 20 '15
I have one question only does it work with v1.7.2 or not at all ?
Sergey Kambalin
Hello,

Actually, this plugin can work on platform older then v1.7.3. But it requires latest versions of Privacy and Newsfeed plugins. 

Friend Lists plugin will work without issues on Oxwall 1.7.2 if you update Privacy and Newsfeed to the latest version.

The Forum post is edited by Sergey Kambalin Apr 20 '15
Martha Dellus
Martha Dellus Apr 20 '15
Thank you !
But if I update Privacy and Newsfeed to the latest vesion plugins can requires update database ? It's happened to me before when I updated plugins without updating platform or in this case is not really matter much?
Sergey Kambalin

Yes, it will require updating database. But, as I know, these updates are compatible with Oxwall 1.7.2, so there should not be any issues.

But why do not you upgrade to Oxwall 1.7.3. It includes many bug fixes and optimisations.

Martha Dellus
Martha Dellus Apr 20 '15
Sargey many plugins are not updated to v1.7.3 so I will update platform and I will lose many plugins. I know you updated yours and oxwall did but besides not many did.
Do you understand what I can lose ? I know new platform update is just basically admin panel but what if will effect other plugins.
Some developers are not in rush to update all their plugins - took money and ignoring any support.

Sergey Kambalin

Yes, I understand you. If you have many third party plugins - you better wait until they release updates.

Or you can try to upgrade but you should backup your site before the update.

Martha Dellus
Martha Dellus Apr 20 '15
I have many third party plugin indeed that's why I am very careful with updates now.
You wrote your new plugin should be safe to use on 1.7.2 I will maybe try it or not ?
Sergey Kambalin
As I said - it will work on Oxwall 1.7.2 in case you update Newsfeed and Privacy to the latest version.
Martha Dellus
Martha Dellus Apr 20 '15
OK! Thank you for full explanation . :)
Kelvin
Kelvin Apr 20 '15
I think just don't use this plugin if you are not using 1.7.3 or something. Even don't bother using 1.7.2 I still use 1.7.1 stably. I will never upgrade Oxwall. So many bugs and a lot of Oxwall developer quitted. If you update Oxwall to 1.7.2 + , you will crash your Oxwall site because a lot of 3rd party plugin doesn't work !!!
Martha Dellus
Martha Dellus Apr 21 '15
I know Kelvin - many developers doesn't care about update their plugins anymore.
Oxwall team focus to much to update platform than make all plugins working perfect for example video plugin is still just Embed codes to add - who is using embed codes nowadays? - All people on mobiles or tablets but mobile part is still so so behind !
I've been even thinking to move to different platform to improve my mobile version - I was surprised with the Store -3000+ features and so many mobiles application but ones again Sergey work keeps me here for now. I spent a week to check them well and I can tell you is the same thing.
There is a few - very small small number of developers here who really care - Sergey is one of them. 
I wish to have a money to hire him for creating new features and make website running smooth but now I can not afford it unfortunately.
TY
TY Oct 5 '15
Hi,

Great work.

From what I see your two plugins: Compose Message (mass messaging) and Friends List should work together.

I have testing on my test site -> Do not see any Command to send messages in Friends List (I have activated "Friends List" in "Compose Message" plugin).

On your demo site I do not see this functionality as well.

Please advise.

Kind regards,

TY

Sergey Kambalin
Sergey Kambalin Oct 6 '15
TY,

Just start typing a friend list name in recipient field and it will appear in the suggestbox. Then choose the list from the suggestbox and all the friends will receive your message.

Attachments:
  mcompose_flists.jpg (25Kb)
  mcompose_flists2.jpg (27Kb)
TY
TY Oct 6 '15
Thank you Sergey!

It works as advertised.

Great product.

Thank you.

TY

This topic is sticky
You do not have permission to reply this topic