We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

where to find code for ow_page title | Forum

Jim Seductive
Jim Seductive Apr 23 '15
Hi, I'm new to Oxwall and making modifications to the Event detail page. I've been successful updating ow_plugin/event/views/controllers/base_view.html but can't seem to find the code to change the top page where the '<h1> event name </h1>'  is. Within the base_view.html it seems to refer to {add_content key='events.content.view.top' eventId=$info.id}  but not sure this is what I'm looking for, or is it?

Where can I find the code that is at the top of the page ow_page with the <h1> page title,  so that I can modify?

For more specific info, I want to change the '<h1> event name </h1>'   to have both the event name AND event date displayed.

dave Leader
dave Apr 23 '15
go to admin -> settings -> language and search for the text that shows on the page as the header.  And you can change it there. 
dave Leader
dave Apr 23 '15
probably this one  i would think for the page heading 

{text key='event+latest_events_page_heading'}

Jim Seductive
Jim Seductive Apr 23 '15
Thanks Dave, That helps to just change the text.

I also found that I can change more of the formatting within event/controllers/base.php in the View section by using the setPageHeading

dave Leader
dave Apr 23 '15
yes but remember any changes you do to the core will be overwritten when you update so if you choose to do that, take very good notes and comment internally so you can find your changes easily in backup files.