We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Bug photos album in Newsfeed | Forum

Olivia
Olivia Apr 25 '15
Hello,
Since 1.7.3 update i have this curious bug on Newsfeed when a user posts an album: only the top of the pictures are displayed in Newsfeed. It occurs only with albums posts (many pics), only in Newsfeed, and never with one single pic. Any idea of what is going on ?
See attached example cap.
Thx
Attachments:
  albums.jpg (162Kb)
ross Team
ross Apr 27 '15
What is your newsfeed plugin version? Go to ow_plugins/newsfeed/pluign.xml file and check the build line
ross Team
ross Apr 27 '15
ad photo plugin version too, please
Olivia
Olivia Apr 27 '15
Both Newsfeed and and Photo plugins are <build>8710</build>, so the correct ones.
ross Team
ross Apr 27 '15
Olivia, have you done any CSS changes, if so please revert them

Have you done any changes in the htaccess file? ALso provide the content of your .htaccess file

Olivia
Olivia Apr 28 '15
No change in CSS. I use ShowCase theme, and same prob with Origin.
This is htaccess file:

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On

AddEncoding gzip .gz

AddEncoding gzip .gzip

<FilesMatch "\.(js.gz|js.gzip)$">

ForceType text/javascript

</FilesMatch>

<FilesMatch "\.(css.gz|css.gzip)$">

ForceType text/css

</FilesMatch>

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/index\.php

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/index\.php

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_cron/run\.php

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/e500\.php

#RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (/|\.php|\.html|\.htm|\.xml|\.feed|robots\.txt|\.raw|/[^.]*)$  [NC]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} (/|\.php|\.html|\.htm|\.xml|\.feed|robots\.txt|\.raw|/[^.]*)$  [NC]

RewriteRule (.*) index.php

ross Team
ross Apr 28 '15
Olivia, PM me admin details from the website and Cpanel access details from the server, I'll take a look at the issue. 
Tyler Labert
Tyler Labert Apr 29 '15
I have the exact same problem, mine is a new install, it seems that on my aron theme the faceook header version has the problem. Default theme loads ok but it groups it into 4, i guess i might have to play with the css and edit the theme or something, i gues old themes clash with the new newsfeed plugin causing them to not load
The Forum post is edited by Tyler Labert Apr 29 '15
Olivia
Olivia Apr 29 '15
I don't think it is due to my theme because i run Oxwall on 3 different sites, all with the same ShowCase theme, and this bug occurs only on one site.
ross Team
ross Apr 29 '15
Olivia, there's definitely something is wrong with the Showcase theme you have activated in the meantime on your website, Because I switched to another theme and all is displayed properly, please revert all the changes you did or uninstall the theme and install it back from the store, this should fix the issue.