We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Video Upload | Forum

Johann Maree
Johann Maree Apr 26 '15
I am looking for a video upload/viewer that can run on oxwall.

The current versions just support embedding, drag and drop, and link ... which in most cases do not work ... and what about uploading from your own pc or mobile ?

I am not sure if the developers here know "coppermine", but they have a lot of plugins for doing that ...

Maybe (since coppermine is Free BSD), some of you can look at the code and maybe implement it ?

I am willing to share the links to the "coppermine" pages ...

Please let me know soonest.

dave Leader
dave Apr 26 '15
there are a few uploaders in the store, however the problem with uploading and the reason alot of people prefer links is because depending on the server and the upload speed users could sit there for an hour or two uploading a decent vid.   With a average of 3MB a min upload in many cases, it takes about 40 min to upload a 100mb video which is a pretty short video.   

So many users dont want to sit there and wait for it and honestly flv is not all its cracked up to be.  So check the store there are a few in there.  Just understand you may not get any use out of them unless its you uploading the vids yourself. 

The Forum post is edited by dave Apr 26 '15
Johann Maree
Johann Maree Apr 26 '15
Thanks Dave for your reply. Could you suggest any uploader names that do links, embedding, drag and drop as well as local file upload ?
dave Leader
dave Apr 26 '15
I dont know any that do drag and drop.  

this one embeds well but does not upload but he is a great dev and does good work. 

and its free  http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/1042

This one uploads but does not embed and its been awhile since i have used it so im not sure if it works with current version or not.  I have it but have not used it on my current install yet. http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/276

so i dont think your going to find one that does all. 

Johann Maree
Johann Maree Apr 26 '15
Dave

Thanx. The first one I have currently on my site.

The second one I send an message to the author, I do not have paypal, not currently supported in Namibia, so I can't buy it online from him, since he just take paypal payments.

He has not yet answered me.
dave Leader
dave Apr 26 '15
Give him alittle time, he is very busy man at work and does this on the side as i understand it and he has alot going on in his personal life right now.  So just be patient he will contact you im sure, he always does with me. 
Johann Maree
Johann Maree Apr 26 '15
Okey thanx.

It's kind off weird that other plugin developers for video uploads do not offer oxwell users the options to either embedd, link or upload ... most other platform do ...

ANyway, thanx.
Olivia
Olivia Apr 27 '15
I'm looking for such good upload videos plugin too. I've bought http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/276 but i never managed to make it work. And it only supports flv and mp4 files, which is not convenient and simple for most users (they have to use video files converters and most users don't know how to use them).
dave Leader
dave Apr 27 '15
it works but if you have the bar showing then you have to wait 2x the bar, in other words once the bar is 100 percent you have to wait the same amount of time again.  I dont know if that is a js deal or a firefox issue or browser. 

What i did was i went into the video js and took out the bar and then tried an upload and just waited and timed it and it does upload, for me its about 3mb a min so a 100mb video will take about 30 to 40 min to do. 

here is what mine looks like after i took out the bar, and the other buttons and it works and looks much better. 

The Forum post is edited by dave Apr 27 '15
Johann Maree
Johann Maree Apr 27 '15
Hi Dave

I baught the Video Upload now ... but now, it just support file upload from PC or phone, the "link", "drag and drop" or "embedding" is not included ... what now ?

Any suggestions ?
dave Leader
dave Apr 27 '15
i dont think your going to find one that has drag and drop, i have never heard of it, not to say its not there i just never heard anyone talking about that feature.  The embeddng you can do with the default player. And i believe that thao's free version does link, im not sure. 
Johann Maree
Johann Maree Apr 27 '15
The video upload I had installed had link, drag and drop link and embedding, but for some strange reason it does not show after I installed the video upload plugin.

For instance, this block we type in, has got nice features,  photo, link, video, html ... what is it called ?
dave Leader
dave Apr 27 '15
I think its called a menu bar, or task bar,  but im not sure to be honest.  Send Thao le a message and tell him i ask you to talk to him.  Tell him about your issue and see what he says, he is very knowledgeable about video stuff where i am not.  Let us know please so it can help others. 
The Forum post is edited by dave Apr 27 '15
Johann Maree
Johann Maree Apr 27 '15
Im stupid here ... how do I get in contact with "Thao le" ?
dave Leader
dave Apr 27 '15
its ok,  he is the one that does this plugin  http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/1042   just click on his name and that will bring up his profile and then send him a message. 

hope that helps. 

Johann Maree
Johann Maree Apr 27 '15
Thanx dave, just send him a message.
Den Team
Den May 4 '15
Topic was moved from Oxwall Store.