We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Profile Question after Registration | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Joseph
Joseph Apr 26 '15
Hello dear oxwallites, please i need a solution to a problem i have. As we all know, we hate filling long forms, so that is why i was thinking if its possible to show profile questions immediately after a user clicks "JOIN" in the registration.

What i mean is; when a user finishes with the form at the registration, when he clicks join and the next page appears, it will be a continuation of extra profile questions.

I wish to make the forms as short as possible for each page; that is; registration and the possible extra profile questions.

Thanks in Advance.
Joseph
Joseph Apr 27 '15
please any possible solution to my problem?
dave Leader
dave Apr 27 '15
If you create another account type it will split up the page into two pages, then you can choose which section to put your questions in.  I do mine on the second page and the only thing on the first page is the username pw email
Joseph
Joseph Apr 27 '15
Sir, do you mean its not possible with the default account type unless i create a new account type?, please can you explain further
Taissa Team
Taissa Apr 27 '15
Richard Charles, please take a look at this topic: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/35755 . Does it meet your needs?
Joseph
Joseph Apr 27 '15
yes, but i still need to understand something, there are five columns so which will i check for profile questions to be the first thing to be displayed after user logs in.
Taissa Team
Taissa Apr 28 '15
Richard Charles, the complete profile process will appear for registered users if the site admin adds new profile questions to the join form. In this case already registered users will need to complete info before they can do anything on the site.
So if you need to run the complete profile questions process after any second login, this is considered as a custom code modification.

Here the files which may need to make the complete profile custom code modification:
 /ow_system_plugins/base/classes/event_handler.php file
 /ow_system_plugins/base/controllers/complete_profile.php file.
Umair
Umair Apr 28 '15
Richards, Taissa is right. Mark your questions required and uncheck under signup in admin area. This will make your form short and other required questions will show up when the user logs in first time. Hope this helps
Joseph
Joseph Apr 28 '15
thanks Umair, thanks all; have gotten what i wanted; it was to check required then uncheck from sign up form; thanks y'll
Umair
Umair Apr 28 '15
welcome
dave Leader
dave Apr 28 '15
thanks for helping Umair, nice job :)
Umair
Umair Apr 29 '15
thanks