We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Forum post events does not appear in Newsfeed | Forum

Ilja
Ilja Apr 29 '15
Hi,

another report from my users. When someone adds a new Forum post it does not appear in the Newsfeed of their friends. The checkbox to publish it is set in Newsfeed plugin settings. This started from version 1.7.3.

Theme: Macabre

Does anyone face same problem?

dave Leader
dave Apr 29 '15
yes mine is working just fine.. and i use macabre as well. 
Ilja
Ilja Apr 29 '15
Then I do not understand what's happened with my installation. There are series of problems after update.. maybe I may somehow check all the files if they are correctly updated?
dave Leader
dave Apr 29 '15
turn your debug on and post in the forum and then check the newsfeed and see if any errors show up. 
Ilja
Ilja Apr 29 '15
No errors.

But let me clarify a bit:

New post in forum is appearing in Newsfeed.
But reply to the post thread in forum does not appear in the Newsfeed.

Dave can you check this on your installation?
dave Leader
dave Apr 29 '15
yes the replies show up here is an image to show it. 

this is from the main page 

Ilja
Ilja Apr 29 '15
Thanks... I see. And it does not appear in our case.
ross Team
ross Apr 30 '15

Ilja, can you please PM me cpanel and admin access details? I'll take a look at the issue. As we cannot reproduce that on our side as well. 

Also what about 

Forum topic replies

Content setting in the newsfeed? Is it checked

Ilja
Ilja Apr 30 '15
Ross - yes it is checked. 

I'll drop you a message in PM.

ross Team
ross May 4 '15
Ilja, can you please go to your phpmyadmin to ow_base_config table and find disabled_action_types column, what do you have as a value for this config?
Ilja
Ilja May 4 '15
Ross: 

{"create:user_join":true,"create:user_edit":true,"create:avatar-change":true,"create:user-comment":true,"*:friend_add":true,"create:forum-topic":true,"forum-post:forum-topic":true}

ross Team
ross May 4 '15
Ilja, is that all you have there?

Can you click on the value field, it should expand and show more content?

Ilja
Ilja May 5 '15
Ross, Yes, this is all I have (if you mentioned row with name = disabled_action_types and key = newsfeed).

Maybe these items should be false?

The Forum post is edited by Ilja May 5 '15
Ilja
Ilja May 5 '15
Ross.

It seems I fixed the problem somehow. I've disabled and enabled forum items in Newsfeed module settings. And found that your mentioned parameter has changed to

{"create:user_join":true,"create:user_edit":true,"create:avatar-change":true,"create:user-comment":true,"*:friend_add":true,"*:group":true,"*:link":true,"*:video_comments":true,"create:forum-topic":true,"forum-post:forum-topic":true,"*:event":true,"*:photo_comments,*:multiple_photo_upload":true,"*:profile-cover":true,"*:question":true,"*:blog-post":true,"*:birthday":true}

Afterwards forum replies started appearing on a newsfeed.

The Forum post is edited by Ilja May 5 '15
ross Team
ross May 5 '15
Seems like some caching occurred. Glad you resolved your issue and thanks for letting us know.