We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Mobile Updates Needed | Forum

Tom
Tom Apr 29 '15
So for those of you who haven't herd Google is going to be giving priority searches to sites that pass their mobile testing program over traditional sites. I knew this was coming so I have been scrambling to find a mobile solution. I paid some hack on the indy market to develop apps, but they where needless to say,.. a joke. Moving on I turned to the in house mobile section in Oxwall. It's not a bad start, but somethings need to be added.

CSS is something that a lot of people do not know how to edit. In the desktop version you have the options of changing the colors pretty simple on some aspects, could you make this same functionality for the Mobile side as well?

Sign in, this is pretty easy to do, especially with browsers that remember you data, but could you include a check box to "remember your login data"? The goal is to make it as easy as possibly to members of the site.

Adding pages, Oxwall by default has made their own plugins, however many of those are not avalible on the mobile site. Blogs, Video, Events, Forum, Links, are the ones I am looking for.

I think this is it for now.

On a side note,.. I'm a little confused as to the point of the "Dashboard". It would make much better sense to merge Dashboard with My profile, or to allow the few specific things (Welcome section, quick links) to be on the main page, but still only be seen in relation to the person logging in.

The Forum post is edited by Tom Apr 29 '15