We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Oxwall to MediaWiki Bridge for Single Sign On | Forum

James Geddes
James Geddes Apr 30 '15
'elo everyone,

I have just managed to get MediaWiki working with short URLs under oxwall. Oxwall is great at social and MediaWiki is great at, well, wiki. Together, they make a great community tool.

I would like to know if it might be possible to make a bridge that enables users to sign up on oxwall and be registered and signed in on the wiki automatically. Integrating them both like this would be ideal for us, as currently our users need to register and maintain two accounts to be a member of the one organisation.

What we would be aiming at is the full integration of MediaWiki. We would want our oxwall users to have one single, integrated user experience where MediaWiki articles are served inside oxwall pages, without the need to register twice.

I'm just looking for a ballpark difficulty level here, for example

0% difficulty = cutting a cake with a knife

100% difficulty = cutting a knife with a cake

What would one have to consider before undertaking such a project? Has it already been done?

Thanks!

James

The Forum post is edited by James Geddes May 3 '15
James Geddes
James Geddes Nov 27 '16
Bump!

Has anyone got any ideas on this? I think that integrating MediaWiki into Oxwall would be really helpful for a lot of communities.