We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

No online users in Online users tab and User Search doesn't work[Solved] | Forum

Emil
Emil May 1 '15
Hello, I have a weird problem
Online users do not show in the Online users tab but they show up in the online users widget???

Alos, in User Search form it doesn't display any results just reloads the search page... they were working fine yesterday and I haven't done any changes to the files...
How can I fix this?

Thank you!

Oxwall ver. 1.7.3 Cron set up every minute. Only system plugins installed (no 3-rd party)

The Forum post is edited by Emil May 17 '15
Emil
Emil May 1 '15
What I've noticed is that Search works only if I remove the "Age Range" from the search form.

If it is asked to search by age the form doesn't work...

Help?

The Forum post is edited by Emil May 1 '15
tammy harris
tammy harris May 1 '15
i have same problem and have spent hours try find the problem 
ross Team
ross May 3 '15
Emil, I see you have done some customization on your website. 

There's Online users menu item, which you get redirected to when you click on the "Online" tab in the users section. Please revert the changes you did, so we could proceed. 

We have checked the Users widget on the index page, it shows online users as it should be. 

Emil
Emil May 4 '15
Hello Ross,

Thanks for your reply.

I have only added a menu item linking to the online users

Weird but adding a custom page linking to the online members breaks the online members tab on the main members page too.
Removing the custom page solved the problem. Thank you.

Can you tell me what i can do about search not working when searching by age range?
ross Team
ross May 4 '15
Look, just tested that on your website, logged in via FB connect, seems like you were online too. See screenshot:

Attachments:
  Screenshot from 2015-05-04 13:45:14.png (494Kb)
Emil
Emil May 4 '15
Yes online users worked... thanks Ross.

Removing the custom page linking to users/online seems to have fixed the main members page too (beats me how though). Do you have any idea why creating a custom menu item to users/online breaks the page?

Also... do you have any idea why search doesn't want to perform when Age Range is added?

Thanks for your time and effort. I appreciate it!

The Forum post is edited by Emil May 4 '15
ross Team
ross May 4 '15
Emil that happens because of our routing system, there's no controller for the dynamically created pages, and those pages like users/latest users/online are dynamically created they are not static

As to the search issue with the Age range profile field, this profile field should be displayed on join as well for users to fill it out or the field must be required, otherwise you will have not search results

Emil
Emil May 4 '15
Hello Ross, thanks again for the reply.

The age range filed is displayed on join. (birthday). It is required by the system and can't be removed. Also, if you go to a person's profile page the years of that person are displayed correctly.

So how come search cannot find users based on their age? maybe some file is corrupted? I just don't know which one.
Emil
Emil May 4 '15
I have looked around the forum and found that sometimes there is an error in the questions_service.php
I have updated the form_element.php with a brand new downloaded one but still no luck...

The Forum post is edited by Emil May 4 '15
Attachments:
  question_service.php (79Kb)
  form_element.php (92Kb)
tammy harris
tammy harris May 4 '15
mine is the same if i enable age range on search page  it breaks the page

debug on shows no errors
 enable age range and get 

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

The Forum post is edited by tammy harris May 4 '15
ross Team
ross May 4 '15
Emil, Birthday age range and date age range profile field has nothing to do with each other they are not connected, you have to set the Date age range profile question as required and it should be filled out by the users in the first place, you get no results, because users have not filled it out. 

Tammy, enable debug mode and check if there's any error with the age range field on search page. I believe this topic will help you: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/35473

The Forum post is edited by ross May 4 '15
Emil
Emil May 5 '15
Thanks Ross for your time. You are the man

I thought the system can calculate the age range according to the date of birth provided? I guess not so.

Anyway, I will remove the Age Range search... thanks for your effort helping us.
ross Team
ross May 5 '15
No problem, I'm going to mark this thread as Solved.