We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

[Solved] Message Box | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Rockyuk
Rockyuk May 3 '15
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know how to change the position of the private message box when it pops up. As i have an external chat script the private message box seems to go behind it stopping people from sending messages. I want to centre to message box abit more if it is possible?

Thanks

Rockyuk

The Forum post is edited by Taissa May 4 '15
Rockyuk
Rockyuk May 3 '15
Well, i have private mailbox and i have arrowchat installed. The issue is when you click on the private mailbox arrowchat seems to be more prominent and you can't click on the send button for the private mailbox. I would like to have the both just need to figure out a way of making the private mailbox more centred and not so much to the bottom right of the screen.
Rockyuk
Rockyuk May 3 '15
Hi Briez,

I have those setting in already i have attached a screenshot for better explanation.

When the private message box opens you can't click on send as the arrowchat box takes over on the right.

Attachments:
  2015-05-03_17-37-50.jpg (495Kb)
Rockyuk
Rockyuk May 3 '15
Well even if your not having a conversation on the arrowchat i still can't press the send button unless i close the arrowchat box and only then it will let me press the send button :-(
Taissa Team
Taissa May 4 '15
Mark Smith, you may try this CSS code modification:  div#newMessageWindow  { right: 530px; } .  Go to the Admin Area>Appearance>Edit Theme>CSS tab and paste the code. 
However you need to remember that all your customizations will be overwritten while next update of the software, so you need to remember them and apply again, or implement the changes via custom plugin.
Rockyuk
Rockyuk May 4 '15
Hi Tasissa,

Thankyou very much can i change the height from the bottom of the screen aswell?

Taissa Team
Taissa May 4 '15
Mark Smith, try to modifying the code in the following way:
div#newMessageWindow {  right: 550px;  bottom: 200px; }
Rockyuk
Rockyuk May 4 '15
Thankyou very very much
Taissa Team
Taissa May 4 '15
Always at your service :) I'm going to mark this thread as Solved.
Rockyuk
Rockyuk May 4 '15
Yes please