We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Plug-ins that show features they don't really have | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » Oxwall Store
Kenneth
Kenneth May 7 '15
Recently I have come across a problem that has really gotten on my nerves. a plug-in "Developer" has plug-ins that does not advertise it self appropriately. Basically, In the photos you see things like videos, photos, HTML etc etc. However when you buy their plug-ins and don't see these features and message the plug-in "Developer" they tell you "Oh you want to do that in this plug-in you will need to buy these other plug-ins of mine to enjoy that full potential." I understand that plug-ins might offer trials or limited version but these are being sold for full 15-20$ and want 15-20$ each just to unlock these features. Is this even allowed. I find this really disturbing to advertise in the photos all these features to be lied to then asked to buy more plug-ins to unlock these features.

If any admins want the name of this "Developer" please message me. I am more then happy to share their name so you can deal with them in private if you wish.

The Forum post is edited by Kenneth May 7 '15
tammy harris
tammy harris May 9 '15
that dev has been reported many times on his ways 
and nothing has and looks like nothing will ever be done about it 

i really like this answer
if you want a text editor of the description field i can not add the default oxwall textra editor as it not safe and hackers can use it to crash your site 
if you want a text editor you have to buy my text editor plugin 
Kenneth
Kenneth May 9 '15

Quote from Tammy that dev has been reported many times on his ways 
and nothing has and looks like nothing will ever be done about it 

i really like this answer
if you want a text editor of the description field i can not add the default oxwall textra editor as it not safe and hackers can use it to crash your site 
if you want a text editor you have to buy my text editor plugin 
The ironic part is that it is not the developers fault if a hacker finds an exploit in Oxwall's platform that is a problem for Oxwall to fix. It's rather hilarious to even state that like they are doing "you" the favor.

I made sure to click all your reviews saying they are helpful so +1 on supporting good development within Oxwall Tammy.

tammy harris
tammy harris May 9 '15
i should do more but i just dont have the time 
theres a lots good plugins and dev that i needs to do 

it is good to see oxwall is not deleting forums on bad dev and plugins now 

if more ppl speak things will have to change 
The Forum post is edited by tammy harris May 9 '15
Den Team
Den May 13 '15
Kenneth,

Feel free to report the item to moderation team via contact form