We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Broke my website by adding a page :([Solved] | Forum

Gabriel
Gabriel May 8 '15
Hey everyone. I wanted to add a link at the bottom of my website linking to a Twitter address, and made it visible for guests and registered users.
Problem is, when I refreshed the page, I got a nasty 500 error. Is it because of the page I added?
If so, will removing the page from the files (where?) fix the problem? I cannot access the admin panel as I get a 500 error everywhere except on mobile... :(

Please help!
The Forum post is edited by ross May 17 '15
Gabriel
Gabriel May 8 '15
Nevermind, fixed the problem.
For anyone who had this problem, here's how to fix it.

Go to the "ow_core" folder and modify "route.php"

on line 165, comment out the throw new InvalidArgumentException('Invalid route params provided!');
and there you go!

Could someone at Oxwall please post this in troubleshooting? because I'm sure that I'm not the only one who's had this error...
Gabriel
Gabriel May 9 '15

Quote from Maksim Hi Gabriel!Would you even screen is off!It is not clear!Can you поможетGeolocation http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/1077 I Have this problem! 

I'm sorry, I'm not sure that I understand what you mean... Do you need help with fixing the same problem on your website?
ross Team
ross May 11 '15
Gabriel, undo the changes you did in the route.php file. enable debug mode and check the actual error you get, copy the error here so we could assist you further. For now all you did is just blank out the error display, that's all, the error is still there. 
Gabriel
Gabriel May 12 '15

Quote from ross Gabriel, undo the changes you did in the route.php file. enable debug mode and check the actual error you get, copy the error here so we could assist you further. For now all you did is just blank out the error display, that's all, the error is still there. 

I know, I reverted the route.php file back. I just changed it so that I could access my admin panel and correct the error (invalid URL)
ross Team
ross May 12 '15
Ok, so have you fixed it?What was the the reason of the issue?
Gabriel
Gabriel May 12 '15
It was adding what appeared to be an invalid URL as a page... Don't know why it came our as invalid, though.
ross Team
ross May 12 '15
So you fixed it?
Gabriel
Gabriel May 17 '15

Quote from ross So you fixed it?

Yup! It's all good now!
ross Team
ross May 17 '15
Ok, good to know, thanks. I'm going to mark this thread as Solved then.