We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

[Solution available] How to reorganise the add new box? | Forum

James
James May 12 '15
How would I go about changing the order the buttons are in in the "add new" box on the sidebar?
The Forum post is edited by Alia May 15 '15
Alia Team
Alia May 14 '15
James, order of items within "Add New" widget is connected to plugins' initialization timestamp.

When you install any plugin, it get's initialized within the database. Example: you install "Groups" and "Forum" plugins. If you install "Groups" plugin first, it will be initialized first as well. As a result "Add new group" will be added first as well.

When you are installing several plugins at once during software instalaltion, system initializes plugins one by one and the order plugins were initialized with will effect order of items within "Add New" widget.

Before you try my suggestion from bellow I strongly recommend backing up ow_base_plugin database table.

To change the order, try following:

1. open your database via PhpMyAdmin.
2. find ow_base_plugin database table.
3. Within this table find entries related to plugins whose "Add new" items you wish to switch in "Add new" widget.
5. Edit plugin ID's to reflect desired order.

Example: you want "Add new Photo" to place before "Add new event".
In our example we will assume that:

- "Events" has ID=4.
- "Photo"  has ID=5

Our goal is to swich IDs. Photo should have 4 and Events should have 5.

1. Click on the ID of "Photo" plugin.  Give it random ID that doesn't exist within this table yet. Ex: 100.

2. Click on the ID of "Events" plugin. Give this plugin ID 5 .
3. Go back to "Photos" plugins and change 100 ID to 4.

And we are done. Photo plugin now has ID 4 and Events has 5. As a result "Add new photo" will be displayed before "Add new event".