We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

[Solution Available] Discriminate profile page videos | Forum

Jonas Svendsen
Jonas Svendsen May 14 '15

Im making a professional profile page for video makers. Is there a way to show only videos that user added through "add video" in profile, but don't show videos posted on newsfeed/events etc ? All videos are embedded and im using SuperVideo (lite) plugin.

Thanks

The Forum post is edited by Alia May 18 '15
Alia Team
Alia May 15 '15
Better to contact plugin developer.

I will describe how our native "Video" plugin works with Newsfeed.
When newsfeed plugin is installed it checks whether "Video" plugin is active.
If video plugin is active- videos added to newsfeed will be added to that plugin.
If video plugin is inactive - videos will remain as simple newsfeed posts.

Since you are using third party video plugin, newsfeed should not have added those videos to that plugin, unless plugin developer has designed his plugin in a way to work with Newsfeed like our native  "Video" plugin does.

Jonas Svendsen
Jonas Svendsen May 15 '15
"Supervideo lite" plugin is an enhancement of oxwall basic video plugin, it just modifies the way to embed, newsfeed videos are added to video plugin as default behavior.
Jonas Svendsen
Jonas Svendsen May 15 '15
I looked a bit more into the problem, and i understand it better now, i think i need to modify the newsfeed plugin in order to not to add videos to video plugin. Supervideo lite plugin has no influence in that process. Can you help me? :)
Alia Team
Alia May 18 '15
NetzaH, I checked this for you and here is my suggestion based on assumption that   your Supervideo plugin is based on our default "Videos" plugin.

Open ow_plugins/ your_super_video_plugin's_directory/classes/event_handler.php file.

Check whether your SuperVideo  plugin has following line:

$em->bind('feed.before_content_add', array($this, 'feedBeforeStatusUpdate'));

If it does comment it out or delete completely.
Try posting newsfeed video, this time this video should not go under videos of "SuperVideo" plugin.

Let me know if this won't help.
I have tested  this with our "Video" plugin and the solution worked, not sure how this will work with SuperVideo plugin though.

Note: this modification might be erased if you update your video plugin in future.

Jonas Svendsen
Jonas Svendsen May 18 '15
It works ! I modified ow_plugins/video/classes/event_handler.php and supervideo lite plugin works with that file too, no problem. Thank you so much !! :)