We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Admin dashboard modification | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Michal
Michal May 19 '15
Hello. How i can modify overview tab on admin panel? I want to remove statistcs and put here my own code but i cant find right place in files to put it.
The Forum post is edited by Michal May 19 '15
Taissa Team
Taissa May 19 '15
Michal, the spotlight is taken from our server, you can replace current spotlight with your code in this document: ow_system_plugins/admin/views/controllers/base_index.html .
Michal
Michal May 19 '15
I know that but on this file i have only this:

<iframe class="ow_full" src="{$adminDashboardIframeUrl}" style="border: 0pt none ; width: 100%; height: 250px;" frameborder="0"></iframe>

So what i need to do? When i removed then nothing happens. Page looks the same like before.
Taissa Team
Taissa May 19 '15
Michal, after you have made the changes you should clear the browser cache and enable DEV_MODE(follow the instructions: https://docs.oxwall.org/plugin-tuts:enable-debug) to clear the compiled resources.

However you need to remember that all your customizations will be overwritten while next update of the software, so you need to remember them and apply again, or implement the changes via custom plugin.
Michal
Michal May 19 '15
Thx for response. Debug mode and dev mode isset to true and i removed everything from file ow_system_plugins/admin/views/controllers/base_index.html then clear ceche and restart browser and still page are displayed same like before. also i have tried on another web browser and same. Something strange or its not correct source file.

I know about update and clearing customisation. Im now only learning about structure and how works oxwall.
Taissa Team
Taissa May 19 '15
Michal, let’s see if I understood you correctly. Please check this topic:  http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/25225 .