We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Facing problem in importing the data on oxwall site | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Abhishek
Abhishek Mar 4 '12

As mention in your mannual http://faq.wall.fm/transfer_manual i'm being clear where salt have to place.

I have tried by pasting the salt received in place of code already mention in OW_PASSWORD_SALT and also have added it before and after the code but in all cases importing process shows a flag of ' in progress ' endlessly.

N.B. : pl. find enclosed file also.

The Forum post is edited by Abhishek Mar 4 '12
Attachments:
  ox.PNG (22.29Kb)
Abhishek
Abhishek Mar 5 '12
thanks Bob but, what can i do, can i leave the page and go offline or i have be online, until it finish. 
Adhy Musaad
Adhy Musaad Mar 5 '12
I've tried it, but in vain
I had to wait four more days, but the result is 0
plugin is running very slow
Abhishek
Abhishek Mar 5 '12

I AM NOT BEING CLEAR WHERE HAVE TO PLACE THE SALT, RECEIVED DURING EXPORT.

I have tried by pasting the salt received in place of code already mention in OW_PASSWORD_SALT and also have added it before and after the code but in all cases importing process shows a flag of ' in progress ' endlessly. 

N.B. : pl. find enclosed file also.

Attachments:
  ox.PNG (22.29Kb)
Adhy Musaad
Adhy Musaad Mar 5 '12
will probably last for a week or more.
I have the easiest way to Inport data, such as forum topic, Group, Blog and Links.
ie by manual

Step by Step:

1. Unzip your Back up File, And in each dump.sql file, You will have some things saying " %%TBL-PREFIX%% ". Change that text into " ow_ " and then import the files into the MySQL Database using PhpMyAdmin.

2. PhpMyAdmin => Import => Import dump.sql

3. done

Warning: not for USERS Inport

Abhishek
Abhishek Mar 7 '12
Thanks Adhy, but its not much worth full unless and until we import users. 

And the oxwall support is also very poor.

Adhy Musaad
Adhy Musaad Mar 7 '12
in oxwall, you stand alone, and very alone. all up to you, if you want to help more. Pleasedonate to the Oxwall team or return to Wall.fm
Adhy Musaad
Adhy Musaad Mar 7 '12
you can start a new life in oxwall, cron run safely. such as your command

I like oxwall bob

Abhishek
Abhishek Mar 8 '12
How can I buy the help on oxwall, what is the procedure of Oxwall for buying the help. What fee I have too pay to Oxwall to solve my above problems. 

Michael I.
Michael I. Mar 8 '12
There is no way to buy Oxwall personal support. Did you check your Cron command? Does it work properly?
Adhy Musaad
Adhy Musaad Mar 8 '12
Cron use the function. please ask at the BOB, he knows the solution
Lawrence R. Furlow
Lawrence R. Furlow Sep 22 '23

If you are encountering difficulties while trying to import data into your Oxwall website, there are several steps you can take to address the issue. First, ensure that the data you are trying to import is in a compatible format with Oxwall. Typically, data for import should be in CSV, XML, or another supported format. Double-check the data file for any formatting errors or inconsistencies that might be causing the problem. It's also essential to follow the specific import instructions provided by Oxwall in their documentation or support resources. If you've tried these steps and continue to face issues, consider reaching out to Oxwall's customer support or community forums for assistance, as they can provide guidance and solutions tailored to your specific situation.

The Forum post is edited by Lawrence R. Furlow Sep 22 '23