We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

how to upgrade to oxwall 1.3.1 from 1.2.6 on bluehost cpanel? | Forum

Bin
Bin Mar 4 '12

I am currently using oxwall 1.2.6 installed on bluehost server, could anyone help me to upgrade to oxwall 1.3.1 on bluehost please. Thanks a million.

Michael I.
Michael I. Mar 5 '12
You can update it from your Admin Panel.
Bin
Bin Mar 5 '12

Quote from aka_le_Mulder You can update it from your Admin Panel.

could you kindly tell me how does that work? I don't see any update feature in the admin panel. thanks
Michael I.
Michael I. Mar 8 '12
Can you send us a screenshot of your Admin Panel dashboard?
Bin
Bin Mar 9 '12
@ake_le_mulder thanks for your reply. I tried to unpack the 1.3.1 update pack in the public_html in my ftp folder, and internal error occurred, then I restored the site to the few days ago. The admin area now shows the platform version is 1.3.1, but i don't think it did actually upgrade the whole thing to 1.3.1. 

I don't know what to do now. Please let me know if there is any ways which I could fix it.

Daniel
Daniel Mar 11 '12
Im having the same issue i got:

Error 500
Internal Server Error.

Daniel
Daniel Mar 11 '12

They usually have a button to update the program but its not shoeing up.

Daniel
Daniel Mar 11 '12
The website work fine when on other pages like : 

http://www.frowear.com/my/events

but if i try to go to the main page, homepage it shows the error 500

Michael I.
Michael I. Mar 12 '12
Guys, once you update to 1.3.1, you should update all your plugins to fix the 500 error. We are using Smarty 3 in 1.3 and higher and there might be conflicts with old plugins that were using Smarty 2.

@Bin, try running update once again manually and update all plugins then.

Daniel
Daniel Mar 12 '12
How to i update the plug ins

Michael I.
Michael I. Mar 13 '12
There should be an 'Update' button in the Installed plugins section of Admin Panel. Do you have any?