We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Oxwall Groups and Events - Buggy Notifications![Solved] | Forum

robi782
robi782 May 22 '15
Hi, we have big problems with the notifications and the emails in our oxwall system. And so we would like to urgently ask for hep.

Our users do not get notifications / emails more for:
- New comments in the livestream from goups
- New comments in the wall of events

Our users get double mails for:
- New comments in the wall groups (One Notification the the topbar, two mails with the same conent/info)

- Older groups
- older events

and

- many comments in a event
- many comments in a group

i think this is a big problem because any user can search every new time he come on our page for new conent in all groups, events ...

i would therefore ask the oxwall team at this point to support us in solving this oxwall notification/email problems. we would like to fix it yourself, but we have no error message from oxwall.

i hope for a quick help and fix

thank you in advance

The Forum post is edited by ross Jun 1 '15
ross Team
ross May 22 '15
Do you get  e-mails about any other site activity? Like photo comment, friend request etc. ?

A: There's no such a notification for the comments in the newsfeed of the group only for the wall posts. 

robi782
robi782 May 22 '15

Quote from ross  Do you get  e-mails about any other site activity? Like photo comment, friend request etc. ?

Yes, this works!

Quote from ross 

A: There's no such a notification for the comments in the newsfeed of the group only for the wall posts. 

No notification in the topbar and no email?

The Forum post is edited by robi782 May 22 '15
ross Team
ross May 22 '15
can you please go to ow_cron folder and check if there's error logs file

if there's, try to make some comments in the groups and old events/groups to generate some notifications, run cron manually www.yoursite.com/ow_cron/run.php and then compare the error log file, does the new error appear?

robi782
robi782 May 22 '15
I let it test and give you feedback. thanks so long.

can you please give me a quick answer:
Quote from ross 

No notification in the topbar and no email?

The Forum post is edited by robi782 May 22 '15
ross Team
ross May 22 '15
No for both
robi782
robi782 May 23 '15
Log for Cronjob runs since 24h and there is no error loggt... =(

Ross can you please help? This errors are very Bad four our community and the double Mail after PN still Spam the users. 

I hope the oxwall Team can help.

Greetings

The Forum post is edited by robi782 May 23 '15
ross Team
ross May 24 '15
robi, please PM me your Cpanel access details and admin access details for the website, I'll take a look at the issue. 
ross Team
ross Jun 1 '15
The issue is solved. 

The events plugin has been customized which is why the notification did not work. We tried default one, everything works. 

As to the duplicate e-mail, there were two cron jobs under two different users which caused duplicate e-mails. 

robi782
robi782 Jun 5 '15
ross what you're saying is wrong and not fair.

The plugin is modified Yes. But this has absolutely nothing to do with the error. The Evnets Plugin has behaved exactly like the modified tour plugin. Please let such details not off and not tell the reason is the modification. That is just plain wrong!

the reason why nobody become a infomail or notification from events-plugin or modificated tour-plugin is that only the creater from the tour/event only become infomails and notifications when someone post in the events wall.

That only the creator become this infomail/notification is still bad and we hope team oxwall will take this and i the new plguin version everyone become info when someone write in the wall from events-plugin.

duplicate mail you say right. its resolved. :)

greetings
ross Team
ross Jun 7 '15
I do not say the notification came for everyone with the default Events plugin, it comes only to event creator. In case of the tour plugin the notification did not come at all, however the plugin you have is customized and we do not provide assistance with customized plugins or core. The default plugin works as it should be. I already told you this