We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

[Solved] Editing mobile page header | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Emil
Emil May 22 '15
Hello. I want to add an Apple Touch Icon (Web Clip)/Android Bookmark Icon for the mobile page of the site but I can't seem to find which file to edit.

I tried the ow_themes>showcase>mobile>master pages>mobile_html_document.html (the most obvious document)

But nothing changes.

<link rel="icon" sizes="128x128" href="/icon-normal.png">

This is what I want to add to the mobile page <head> part but I have no luck doing it.

Any ideas?
The Forum post is edited by Taissa May 26 '15
Emil
Emil May 25 '15
No one? :(
Taissa Team
Taissa May 25 '15
Emil, did you try to add it directly in the master pages of the mobile version of the theme you currently use in the mobile_general.html file ? And please ensure you have cleared your browser cache.
Emil
Emil May 25 '15
Yes tried that too it seems none of the mobile theme files actually work.

I tried editing all of them (crayon, darklets, orign, showcase) maybe I'm at the wrong folder?

ow_themes>ALL THEMES>mobile>master pages>

Whatever I put in the html pages doesn't show up in the mobile version.. so IMO I'm editing in the wrong folder... (btw yes I cleared cache and tried multiple browsers) so it's not the cache.

The Forum post is edited by Emil May 25 '15
Attachments:
  Untitled.png (14Kb)
Taissa Team
Taissa May 26 '15
Emil, if I understand you correctly you would like to set up favicon only for the mobile version of your site. Or set different favicons for Desktop version and mobile version.
In this case you will need to edit ow_themes/origin/mobile/master_pages/mobile_html_document.html file. Paste before </head> the following code:
<link href="http://yoursite.com/ow_userfiles/plugins/base/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon" rel="shortcut icon">

So, the result will be:

<link href="http://yoursite.com/ow_userfiles/plugins/base/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon" rel="shortcut icon">
</head>

Save the changes and refresh the browser cache. So, when you click the "Mobile version" link, you will see the new added favicon.
Be note the favicon displaying depends on the browser type and its cache settings.
For checking the changes press F12 button and find new code line in the header section of your site.

If you still have issues, repeat this actions on the default Oxwall theme- Origin. We've checked it and everything is working.
Ensure you have updated your software.
Emil
Emil May 26 '15
Hello Taissa.

Finally figured out the problem. I used cache extreme to clear the oxwall cache and this fixed the problem

Somehow the mobile page html files were cached in oxwall itself.

So updating the html documents had no effect untill I used cache extreme to clean the cache.

Thanks for the time and effort. Problem is fixed
The Forum post is edited by Emil May 26 '15
Taissa Team
Taissa May 26 '15
Emil, when you make changes it is better always remember about clearing both caches: the browser and site cache. To clear site's cache enable DEV_MODE. Follow the instructions: https://docs.oxwall.org/plugin-tuts:enable-debug .

Glad that you were able to resolve the issue.  I'm going to mark this thread as Solved then.