We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Mass Mail & Admin Invites Not Working | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Lucas Nelson
Lucas Nelson Mar 8 '12
I am very sorry, I have looked thru the site and have searched via google for a few days off and on now and just cannot seem to find anything that will help me.  If this has been posted before and I missed it I apologize.

I am very new to Oxwall and have had my site up now for less than a week; but I am amazed at how wonderful this software is.

Almost everything seems to be functioning on the site for me except the "Mass Mail" and "Invite" functions in the admin panel.

I have cron job setup for run.php that executes every minute; when people comment, message, send gifts, etc -- emails are being dispatched accordingly -- but when I test the mass mail function or send test "invite" emails out the system says they were sent; at least I get the green confirmation box; but they never arrive at their destination :(

I'm hoping someone can help me try to figure the cause of this out...  Currently I do not have the smtp settings for my mail server setup and the site is using my php mail function.
Lucas Nelson
Lucas Nelson Mar 8 '12
I knew if I posted this that one of three things would happen.

1. I would irritate someone here because I'm sure that questions regarding this topic have been asked and answered (I simply could not find anything posted that aided me)

2. Someone would respond and point me in a direction that common sense should have caused me to consider before posting.

3. The light bulb in my mind would go off and I would resolve the matter.

Well it was #3 -- so I've never used cron and I hate to admit that; but it's the truth...  Site functions for message, comments, etc notices were not going out to registered members via email until after I configured cron and then they started working; not sure how or why because I made an error and had my cron job pointed to my php directory but not set to load php.exe before the path to run.php

The resolution came when I finally checked my cron log and saw the execution for the job time and time again with a result of 0; I knew that couldn't be correct.  So on a complete stretch I added \php.exe to the end of the path and WAH LAH!

Nevertheless this matter is closed - I apologize for this and hope I have not wasted anyone's time.

~Lucas
Adhy Musaad
Adhy Musaad Mar 9 '12
Edit your CRON Jobs