We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Error 500 Internal Server Error when clicking on user profile | Forum

Richard D
Richard D Jun 2 '15
Error 500 Internal Server Error when clicking on user profile

Hi, i am suddenly / recently getting a 500 error when clicking on an user profile.

Something went wrong!
To get the error details follow these steps:
- Open ow_includes/config.php file and set DEBUG_MODE to true
- Reproduce your last action.Error details:Type:ExceptionMessage:Class VIRTUALGIFTS_CMP_UserGiftsWidget does not existFile:/home/duinma21/domains/maatjesplaats.nl/public_html/ow_system_plugins/base/components/drag_and_drop_item.phpLine:208Trace:#0 /home/duinma21/domains/maatjesplaats.nl/public_html/ow_system_plugins/base/components/drag_and_drop_item.php(208): ReflectionClass->__construct('VIRTUALGIFTS_CM...') #1 /home/duinma21/domains/maatjesplaats.nl/public_html/ow_system_plugins/base/components/drag_and_drop_item.php(92): BASE_CMP_DragAndDropItem->checkComponent('VIRTUALGIFTS_CM...') #2 /home/duinma21/domains/maatjesplaats.nl/public_html/ow_system_plugins/base/components/drag_and_drop_entity_panel.php(200): BASE_CMP_DragAndDropItem->setContentComponentClass('VIRTUALGIFTS_CM...') #3 /home/duinma21/domains/maatjesplaats.nl/public_html/ow_smarty/template_c/8523bda9a587c8a2a61c931a73a01d031b1cfbd0.file.drag_and_drop_entity_panel.html.php(100): BASE_CMP_DragAndDropEntityPanel->tplComponent(Array, Object(Smarty_Internal_Template)) #4 /home/duinma21/domains/maatjesplaats.nl/public_html/ow_libraries/smarty3/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php(180): content_555ef5b0ebbc09_66222268(Object(Smarty_Internal_Template)) #5 /home/duinma21/domains/maatjesplaats.nl/public_html/ow_core/view_renderer.php(101): Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->fetch('/home/duinma21/...') #6 /home/duinma21/domains/maatjesplaats.nl/public_html/ow_core/renderable.php(271): OW_ViewRenderer->renderTemplate('/home/duinma21/...') #7 /home/duinma21/domains/maatjesplaats.nl/public_html/ow_core/component.php(80): OW_Renderable->render() #8 /home/duinma21/domains/maatjesplaats.nl/public_html/ow_system_plugins/base/controllers/component_panel.php(156): OW_Component->render() #9 /home/duinma21/domains/maatjesplaats.nl/public_html/ow_system_plugins/base/controllers/component_panel.php(327): BASE_CTRL_ComponentPanel->action('profile', '5', false, Array, 'drag_and_drop_e...') #10 [internal function]: BASE_CTRL_ComponentPanel->profile(Array) #11 /home/duinma21/domains/maatjesplaats.nl/public_html/ow_core/request_handler.php(266): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #12 /home/duinma21/domains/maatjesplaats.nl/public_html/ow_core/application.php(329): OW_RequestHandler->dispatch() #13 /home/duinma21/domains/maatjesplaats.nl/public_html/index.php(73): OW_Application->handleRequest() #14 {main}

ross Team
ross Jun 2 '15
do you have virtual gifts plugin enabled?

try to enable dev mode without debug mode and refresh the website couple of times, disable dev mode then and see if the issue persists. 

Richard D
Richard D Jun 2 '15
virtual gifts is an inactive plugin. I do not like it for this site.
ross Team
ross Jun 2 '15
how did you disable it? manually or via admin panel? try to enable then disable it and see if the issue persists. 
Richard D
Richard D Jun 2 '15
I enabled it now, still a 500 error.

I disabled it again, still a 500 error.

Both through the admin portal. Everything through the admin portal.

ross Team
ross Jun 2 '15
Have you enabled dev mode like I suggested and refreshed your website?
Richard D
Richard D Jun 2 '15
No Ross not yet. Where can i find this dev mode option? 

Or should i do this:

- Open ow_includes/config.php file and set DEBUG_MODE to true

ross Team
ross Jun 2 '15
Yes, do the same, change to true but not for DEBUG mode, you'll see under this line DEV mode
Richard D
Richard D Jun 2 '15
The site is now in DEV mode. I do not see a difference in appearance is that correct? http://maatjesplaats.nl/

ross Team
ross Jun 2 '15
You should not see any difference in appearance. See if the issue with the profiles persists
Richard D
Richard D Jun 2 '15
I tried "refresh the website couple of times, disable dev mode then and see if the issue persists." and still no improvement.

But what did help. I copied the original Oxwall Virtual Gift files again to my server. Now i can access the profiles again.

I deactived the Virtual Gift and still no problems.

Looks like the problem is solved now!

ross Team
ross Jun 2 '15
Well, looks like something was wrong with the files, the folder was empty or not complete. 

Are you sure you did not try to delete it manually via server?