We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Platform update notifications in Admin area | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Jobee Bendijo
Jobee Bendijo Jun 2 '15
I have 2 separate Oxwall sites, each on separate domains, but set up quite similarly. 

I was just curious why the platform and plugin update notices appear in one site admin area, but not the other until days or weeks later?

It's not a problem or issue, as this is a "general questions" forum. I'm just trying to learn as much as I can about Oxwall.

Thanks!

dave Leader
dave Jun 2 '15
Its just the way the update works is all. Im not sure if its alphabetical or if it batches the notices but i do know that it does its routine every night and with so many sites its probably just a batch delay issue.  So no there is nothing wrong i have had it take longer than that before.  It probably just does so many per night so not to overwhelm the system.   
Jobee Bendijo
Jobee Bendijo Jun 2 '15
I see, well I thought it might be something like that. Thanks for answering Dave!
Taissa Team
Taissa Jun 10 '15
Jobee Bendijo, there is a cron process which runs every 24 hours and checks if there are any updates on the server. 24 hours starts at the moment as the cron was set up that is why  notifications appear on your sites in different time.
The Forum post is edited by Taissa Jun 10 '15
Jobee Bendijo
Jobee Bendijo Jun 10 '15

Quote from Taissa Jobee Bendijo, there is a cron process which runs every 24 hours and checks if there are any updates on the server. 24 hours starts at the moment as the cron was set up that is why  notifications appear on your site in different time.
Thanks Taissa!