We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Updated to 1.7.4 and no issues | Forum

dave Leader
dave Jun 2 '15
Just updated to 1.7.4

correction -  i made a copy of my .htaccess file first before doing anything else. And backed up my site as well. 

Used the "deactivate all" plugin to deactivate all my plugins.

Manually deactivated the "deactivate all" plugin

Changed to the origin theme

Ran the update

Reactivated plugins one at a time

Re-enabled my darklets theme

Ran the cache extreme plugin

Went thru the site

no known issues that i can see

The Forum post is edited by dave Jun 4 '15
matt
matt Jun 3 '15
+ 1 - Me to. Upgrade went as smooth as it could. The deactivate all plugin was a blessing. Thanks Dave!

Bridges
Bridges Jun 3 '15
I updated to with no problems but what is new with this update? The release notes bring me to the page Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /2015/06/oxwall-1-7-4-is-released on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Jun 3 '15
Whew!! Just updated mine to 1.7.4. No issues. I don't have the deactivate all "Yet", or the cache cleaner extreme. I was hesitant about downloading them until I ran the update. Here was my sequence.
1. turned the maintenance screen on.
2. enabled Dev mode
3. Deactivated all third party plugins then deactivated each of the Oxwall plugins.
4. Set the Origin theme.
5. Ran the platform update.
6. Reactivated each Oxwall plugin one at a time, and ran their update as I reactivated them.
7. Finished activating the rest of the plugins.
8. Set my theme back to Exodus
9. Turned of the maintenance page.
10. Set Debug to "False", and set Dev to "True"
11. Refreshed my site pages., and set Dev back to "False"
After all of that I had to go back and fix my Dashboard, and profile customizations, and redo a few other settings, but all seems to be working well. Even the forum search. I was worried about that one since it was showing an error when trying to search here.
dave Leader
dave Jun 3 '15
Your welcome Matt, 

More than just putting out code and having people purchase what i have, it means so much to me that it actually serves a purpose and makes peoples life and process easier.  Thanks for the kind words. 

Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Jun 3 '15
I will be getting both so I'll have them for the next time. They will definitely save on mouse clicks, and bouncing between cpanel, and the admin panel.
dave Leader
dave Jun 4 '15
I should have included that i made a copy of my htaccess file first thing before backing up. 
dave Leader
dave Jun 4 '15
I believe you are lucky, your lucky Chris that it did not blow up on you.   The reason you want to deactivate is because there are certain requirements for the plugins to not be active at the time of update.   You are really very very lucky it was a minor update and not a full fledge update to things like the widgets or the install or init, activate files. You would have certainly had a mess on your hands had it been more of a full update package. 

When a plugin is deactivated it runs multiple processes to make sure the oxwall site is clean of any leftovers so that you get a fresh copy when you reactivate.  You totally got lucky on this one.  

The Forum post is edited by dave Jun 4 '15
tammy harris
tammy harris Jun 5 '15
i did the same i looked at the changelog and bit the bullet and run update with out disable anything  
had issue with advertisement plugin but all good and done in 30 minutes with reloading custom stuffs
compared to over 4 hours  to put everything back together again 
lockey
lockey Jun 7 '15
I FEAR I HAVE DONE SOMETHING WRONG.

On my chat page it now constantly refreshes or trys to boot you to a secure page.

ravespace.co.uk 

i generated a back up in cpanel , then just clicked update from the admin panel.
just finished updating all the plugins and its still doing it :(  

dave Leader
dave Jun 7 '15
did you deactivate all your plugins first before you ran the update?
The Forum post is edited by dave Jun 7 '15