We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Event Plugin Doesn't Display any Comments | Forum

Kelly Neederman
Kelly Neederman Jun 7 '15
I am a new user. I scheduled an event and made invites. We can see each other's comments but they're not automatic. Seems like we can only see them if we use the browser refresh button. Is this the correct way event works?
ross Team
ross Jun 7 '15
Please do the search before posting anything on the forum: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/4380
ross Team
ross Jun 7 '15
Topic was moved from Bug reports and troubleshooting.
Kelly Neederman
Kelly Neederman Jun 8 '15
What makes you think I didn't search? I really tire of these kinds of assumptions by moderators. I suspect a lot of folks post as a last resort after spending a great deal of frustrating time searching through non-related topics. In my case I spent over an hour searching then gave up. Isn't this the reason you have a forum instead of true support? To pass on your expertise? or is it to berate folks for asking a question that you think you can answer but choose not to? I think a better, less insulting, method of replying would be to say something like "In case you couldn't find the answer by searching, here is a relevant post that might help". Take a close look at my topic title and then explain to me what keywords in "Auto-Refresh script for oxwall wall updates ????" are found in the issue I'm having trouble with. The event plug-in doesn't even mention any "wall" and if a search for event plugin had returned the topic you reference we wouldn't be having this conversation. While we're at it, isn'tmy question indicative of a possible bug and on-topic with respect to troubleshooting? I had high hopes this support forum would match the quality of the product but it seems to have the same, stale, look and feel of so many other bully sites.
Kelly Neederman
Kelly Neederman Jun 8 '15
By the way, your subscription module doesn't send reply notifications - and no it's not in my spam folder.