We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Dashboard Gone[Solved] | Forum

john wilkins
john wilkins Jun 8 '15
Users dashboard normal but My dashboard has suddenly changed

How do I get it back please
The Forum post is edited by ross Jun 10 '15
ross Team
ross Jun 8 '15
What did you do before that started to occur? Did you add any widget to your dashboard page? Did you install any plugin/theme?
john wilkins
john wilkins Jun 9 '15
I have Private Albums installed, on clicking the 'share' button I got the following error -

Error 500
Internal Server Error.

If you are the site admin, click here for details (+)

Something went wrong!
To get the error details follow these steps:
- Open ow_includes/config.php file and set DEBUG_MODE to true
- Reproduce your last action.

I followed these instructions and  and this was the last action before losing My dashboard.
To make sure things are working correctly on the site I always create two members,
an Admin and a member , the dashboard for these two are working correctly , it is ONLY MINE that isn't.
ross Team
ross Jun 9 '15
Follow the instructions

Open ow_includes/config.php file and set DEBUG_MODE to true 

and reproduce the actions you did, you should get the error. 

Copy the error you get here so we could assist you further. 

The Forum post is edited by ross Jun 9 '15
john wilkins
john wilkins Jun 9 '15
Error message -

Error details: Type: Exception Message: SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near ') AND protectionType = 3' at line 1 File: /home/john1943/public_html/ow_core/database.php Line: 707 Trace: #0 /home/john1943/public_html/ow_core/database.php(707): PDOStatement->execute() #1 /home/john1943/public_html/ow_core/database.php(398): OW_Database->execute('SELECT id FROM ...', NULL) #2 /home/john1943/public_html/ow_plugins/privatealbums/controllers/show.php(175): OW_Database->queryForList('SELECT id FROM ...') #3 [internal function]: PRIVATEALBUMS_CTRL_Show->shared(Array) #4 /home/john1943/public_html/ow_core/request_handler.php(266): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #5 /home/john1943/public_html/ow_core/application.php(329): OW_RequestHandler->dispatch() #6 /home/john1943/public_html/index.php(73): OW_Application->handleRequest() #7 {main}
ross Team
ross Jun 9 '15
The issue is with the private albums plugin, you need to disable it and contact plugin developer to resolve this error

Do you have access to the admin panel? If so disable the plugin via admin panel. If not please let me know and I'll give you the instructions how to do that via phpmyadmin. 

john wilkins
john wilkins Jun 9 '15
Thanks , have admin access
ross Team
ross Jun 9 '15
Great. Let us know if you have access after deactivating the plugin. 
john wilkins
john wilkins Jun 9 '15
Have deactivated that plugin , no difference.
john wilkins
john wilkins Jun 9 '15
Just out of interest , a screen shot of the created admins dashboeard
ross Team
ross Jun 9 '15
What do you mean a screenshot of the created admin dashboard, you said earlier you still have the problem?
Did you resolve the issue? 

If you still get the error enable debug mode again and copy the error here. 

john wilkins
john wilkins Jun 10 '15
Sorted - just using admin
ross Team
ross Jun 10 '15
Ok, I'm going to mark this thread as Solved then. 
Kieron H Leader
Kieron H Jun 10 '15
Ross I think he means it isnt solved but works for admin users 
ross Team
ross Jun 10 '15
Let's wait for his reply
john wilkins
john wilkins Jun 10 '15
Mark as solved please Ross - works for everybody except the original installer (Me)
but I have created a new admin for Me (if that makes sense)
ross Team
ross Jun 10 '15
John, if that occurs to the original installer, please log in as original installer, enable debug mode and reproduce your steps to get 500 error, copy the error here and we'll assist you further. 
tammy harris
tammy harris Jun 10 '15
as its on dasboard chech also see if is on your profile 
if it is deactivate newsfeed plugin 
if that fixes both dashboard and your profile page ross may be able tell you how to remove the post from private albums plugin that broke newsfeed

first time this happend to me from another plugin i deleted my admin account 

second time i dug around in datebase and removed heaps untill the error stoped

3rd time could not give a stuff n just went and posted few pics liked few things comments on lots stuff and pusshed the bad post down the list so it not show on newsfeed lol

john wilkins
john wilkins Jun 10 '15
Can't help I'm afraid ,  I created an Admin and Member role , went into php and deleted original installer,

ross Team
ross Jun 10 '15
Hmm, ok, in this case the issue is solved.