We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Beginner Needs Help - Private Albums | Forum

John
John Jun 10 '15
I know not a very good subject heading. I'm new to Oxwall having moved from Wordpress.
I have added another user to enable Me to test everything before going public.
 I have created one album for Myself and one for the user, in both cases I have set the protecion to Public.
So
1)Is it correct that these albums only show in the profile ?
2) Why can't I see the other users album even  thoughit is set to public ?
3)Is it possible to create a page (I have pages installed) so that all 'Public' albums can be seen?
Mike
Mike Jun 10 '15

Hey john,

1) yes

2) you should see it

3) maybe in a update.

John
John Jun 10 '15
2) Not happening
User
Admin
so they can't see others albums, perhaps I have some wrong settings?
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Jun 10 '15
Hmm. Works for me. I activated "Public" albums, added a pic, and logged in with one of my demo accounts, and was able to see the pic I added to the public album. May want to make sure the protection is set to public. I have all of them protection levels activate, and they are all working correctly "Selected Users", "Password Protected", "Friends Only", and "Public". This does work separately from the Oxwall photo album. This will only display on the profile. You can select the number of albums that display on the profile page by customizing the widget on the profile page by going to the admin panel. I just use the Oxwall "Photo" for public pics. They display in other areas by your choice, and there are other plugins that make use of those pics as well.
John
John Jun 11 '15
Hmm this is very frustrating still not working, using dummy account created an album ,

This is how it shows , now if I click on 'All' the only album that shows is the one I have just created. All albums on the site are set to 'Public' . Will happily pay a reasonable amount of money to fix it

Mike
Mike Jun 11 '15
Hey John,

i think its a bit confusing: all dosnt mean all albums from all users. it means hust all albums from the current selected user.

There isnt a page (yet) where you can browse all public albums.
John
John Jun 12 '15
Thanks Mike

You do not have permission to reply this topic