We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Photo Upload hangs - ReferenceError: ajaxPhotoUploader is not defined[Solved] | Forum

Ken St. John
Ken St. John Jun 12 '15
Get the above in Firefox debug when trying to upload a photo. Screen overlays black with blinking white line center top. Photos upload fine if an album is created first. I searched on photo upload and ajaxPhotoUploader and found nothing similar. This is the Photo Plug-in. Also, avitars upload fine with no issues. Oxwall throws no errors or messages - just hangs with screen as noted. Using 1.7.4.
The Forum post is edited by ross Jun 15 '15
ross Team
ross Jun 14 '15
Ken, do you have any other 3rd party plugins? if so please disable them and see if the issue persists. 

What is the version of the Photo plugin? If the problem persists after disabling all 3rd party plugins, please check that the folders on the server:

ow_pluginfiles

ow_static

ow_userfiles

ow_smarty/template_c

should have 777 permissions RECURSIVELY 

If so, enable dev mode and refresh the website a couple of times and see if the issue persists. 

If it still does, please PM me your Cpanel access details and admin access details from the website, I'll take a look at the issue. 

Ken St. John
Ken St. John Jun 15 '15
Thanks Ross ... No 3rd party plugins - just std as supplied with 1.7.4 install pkg including the Photo plugin (assuming it's 1.7.4 too?- how to check in incorrect assumption?).

All the above directories recursively set to 777. Problem persists.

Sys just went down - put into dev mode and report back in a few

Ken St. John
Ken St. John Jun 15 '15
dev mode with refreshes didn't change the issue. I'll have to get approval from our group to allow outsider access - it's a secure site.
Ken St. John
Ken St. John Jun 15 '15
Ross - had mod_security enabled. disable allows working plug-in. However, is there a way to adjust mod_security so it just applies to Photo or is it all or nothing?
ross Team
ross Jun 15 '15
You will need to contact your hosting provider and request them to configure mod_security module properly, so they "whitelisted" this part of the functional which is called. 

But according to our requirements: http://www.oxwall.org/hosting the module should be OFF. 
Thanks for letting us know the reason of the issue. I'm going to mark this thread as Solved then.