We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

im tired folks | Forum

dave Leader
dave Jun 15 '15
Let me tell you people something, i bend over backwards to help you, i bend over backwards to go out of my way as a volunteer to get you answers which costs me time and i dont get one penny for it.   I also bend over backwards to do the best plugins i know how to do, they are clean, THEY WORK, they are well coded, they are safe, and they are easy to follow with tons of internal documentation.  All of this takes time and dedication to workmanship.  

5x now i have made big changes to my plugins because you people out there have promised to buy IF i do this and IF i do that.  So i do it and what do i get NOT A DANG THING.  You waste my time and my days with your empty promises.  Im sick of it... i have bills to pay too and im sick of your worthless empty promises..

From now on my policy will be as follows.... you want something special done to a plugin you buy it first and then i will do that changes but im not going on your worthless empty faith anymore...  5 sales down the tubes and a business invoice which is late because of your worthless promises..   

Im sick of it, you should not make promises you cant keep.  At this moment i am totally regretting doing the GIF uploader for free, many of you deserve the freebies from me because you have been honorable and have been supportive of me as i have been to you.  But many of you dont deserve my free stuff and i wish i could revoke my license to you...   

I am running a business not a charity org.   From now on it will be as a business, if i dont make sales you get no freebies.   And if i make sales i wont be doing anything free unless i meet my demand of one free plugin for ever $400 in sales. 

You want to know how much i have made off plugins with oxwall, ill tell you, to date i have made about $200 and that is with everything i have done, all the hard work, all the staying up day and night to get things done, working weekends, everything.  And that much money does not even put a dent in the time i spend doing this.  

Things are going to change right this sec.  If you want my plugins then get them, if you dont then dont. But dont sit here and tell  me hey i promise to buy it if you do this and do that, i  promise ill be an owner.  Your word is garbage to me..   From now on money talks and BS walks.... 

I will continue to do a great job but im not playing games anymore with some of you people period..... 

Free plugins are as is from now on... you dont like it then dont use it.   Suggestions are fine but some of you expect a $50 plugin for free. Learn php and do it yourself. 

I will continue to support my paid plugins as i always have, but if you have some kind of funky setup that is way out there that very few people have then its your own fault it dont work not mine.  I code for the masses, for normal installs. If you choose to have such an outrageous install that is one in a 1000 then its your own fault and dont ask me to make it work on your funky setup, blame yourself. 

I was also asked to do a demo on a site so i set one up and its been up for a week now and have any of you fakers visited it no. You beg me for something and then you dont use it.  So heres the deal for demo.  I prefer video demo, its less maintenance than a demo site and also i dont have the time to keep up with updating a demo site as well with all my other things.  So i will try to have a video demo for my more expensive plugins, if thats not good enough for you then dont buy the plugin, but im not doing a demo site just so that a few people can be happy. If you dont trust me then dont buy my stuff, period. 

Done... thanks for listening.. 

The Forum post is edited by dave Jun 16 '15
matt
matt Jun 16 '15
Nicely said, Dave. I appreciate your work greatly. I regularly advocate for higher prices for plugins. I would prefer to pay more for great plugins (and get great features) knowing that the development will continue, and that developers will get paid, and therefore enthused.

dave Leader
dave Jun 16 '15
Thanks matt i totally appreciate your support as well.. :)
Donald Adugbe
Donald Adugbe Jun 16 '15
Keep up the good work Dave
tammy harris
tammy harris Jun 16 '15
u rock dave 
you bending over backwards is just not an image i need to have lol
bobbi
bobbi Jun 16 '15
where is the link to your demo site, i looked on your profile and your plug ins, maybe this is why no one has visited your demo if there is no obvious links
dave Leader
dave Jun 16 '15
@bobbi,   they have been removed.
dave Leader
dave Jun 16 '15
@ donald, tammy, thao... 

thanks peeps  i appreciate that...  dont worry tammy im not that bendy lol....   funny Thao :)

dave Leader
dave Jun 16 '15
I dont think you can search for it chris but my list is 

http://www.oxwall.org/store/user-list/plugin/durangod

im sure if you just replace the name at the end with their username it will work, but you have to know their username. 

Glenn
Glenn Jul 15 '15
I honestly appreciate any working freebie plugins for my site since my finances are extremely limited as well, though having coded games (flash based) I can understand the great deal of hard work that goes into creating a plugin and keeping it updated and maintained as well as updating it with any planned new features for future releases.  So I honestly try my best not to complain.

If I had the finances available to me to purchase plugins so I could support plugin authors, I'd do so in a heartbeat.  There's a lot of nice plugins that I practically itch to be able to use, but can't due to my limited finances, however I'm not the type to get your hopes up.

Hell this is the first time in a long while that I've even logged in here =\

Thank you for all your hard work.  And curious, video demo's should be enough for pretty much anyone.

Den Team
Den Jul 31 '15
Topic was moved from Oxwall Store.
Jobee Bendijo
Jobee Bendijo Sep 17 '15
Dave, I totally feel your pain brother. And I appreciate the hard work you did to give me what I wanted on the OS store plugin. I am certain you spent many hours doing it. Quite frankly, I'm more than happy to pay for good working plugins. Screw freebies. The platform is free, that's enough. 

That is not to criticize developers for offering free plugins. But I'm all for honest pay for an honest day's work. I'm happy to pay. I can't see any reason to get it for free. So thank you to Developers who do offer free plugins. 

It kind of irks me to see people bitching about the price of a plugin. $10 and they're bitching "This plugin isn't worth $10!" as if they're entitled. If you spent as little as one hour developing it, it's worth at least $50. Try to hire a developer for custom work for anything less than $50/hour. 

So I am right on board with you on this rant. RANT ON BROTHER! I GOT YOUR BACK!

Abbey
Abbey Oct 10 '15
You are amazing Dave, and you've taken the time to help me numerous times and I appreciate it, if you ever ask for payment I wouldn't mind because I know your time is worth it.
I've given a lot of my time for free as well, and I've spent hours and days doing stuff for people with no thanks. I had one person expect me to write 100 content pages for their site for nothing.
I agree that if you want something pay for it and if you want custom stuff done for a plugin you have to also pay for it.
Keep up the great work.