We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

what are you guys thinking releasing such a great product without instant notifications at the top of the site? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Eric
Eric Mar 19 '12
what are you guys thinking releasing such a great product without instant notifications at the top of the site?
like seriously? trying to kill your own project in the end?
Eric
Eric Mar 19 '12
u guys should've skipped the instant chat replaced it with that non-branded chat bar
then where the instant chat goes put notifications
Eric
Eric Mar 19 '12
i have a FLAWLESS social network set up besides this one and let me add RIDICULOUS issue
Eric
Eric Mar 19 '12
you don't release a social network script past beta stage unless it includes this, you guys are so lucky foxphp and the others are so expensive but unless this is changed soon my head company (mufti-millionaires) who wish to ADVERTISE for your guys' project for their recording artist's websites will probably flip the cash towards phpFox (which i went against because it's like a clone script and a half) instead hopefully you guys don't want to lose out on the largest advertisement campaign this project has ever seen?
Eric
Eric Mar 19 '12
why did spell check correct multimillionaires that way? lol
DeFender
DeFender Mar 19 '12
understood - nothing, what is the matter ?
Joseph
Joseph Mar 19 '12
He's saying this company sucks at planning out its features like instant notifications like facebook has.Was this really hard to understand?
Michael I.
Michael I. Mar 23 '12
Thank you for all your suggestions, folks, we really appreciate those and will implement them in future. We have our own plan to rule the world and we are not changing our course because of millions of dollars due to millions of people that will be using our software some day ;)

In fact, we're currently projecting the notifications system because we agree with you - a social network must have notifications system to be successful.

The Forum post is edited by Michael I. Mar 23 '12
Michael Leader
Michael Mar 23 '12
pretty damn good considering it is free!
Joseph
Joseph Mar 23 '12
ok Mulder what I would really like to know since no one has answered this question yet and I've asked it many times "when will you guys move the messenger to the bottom for convenience" it makes no sense where its at and knowing what I do know you guys could easily make that change
Michael I.
Michael I. Apr 3 '12
I have no such information, Joseph. Submit a suggestion and if it gets many votes, that would significantly increase the speed of the feature modification.
Anon Anon
Anon Anon Apr 3 '12
Of course you know its needed? lol You say speed it up, lol sounds like its on the drawing board already. It should be as it makes sense. looks silly at the top of the page.