We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Group-specific forum areas | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Juha Syrjä
Juha Syrjä Mar 22 '12

Hello all, fresh meat here.

Say I have a group called Dummies and a private forum area called Forum Dummies. Is it possible to link the group Dummies to Forum Dummies so that members of the group see the forum area, but no one else?

As it is now one can hide a forum area and allow access via User Roles, but implementing the above functionality with the user roles would require a fair amount of manual work.

If this cannot be done, I hope it's on the to-do list. If it's not there, add it please! :D

Juha Syrjä
Juha Syrjä Mar 22 '12
Not sure if it was due to the very recent group plugin update, but I found the forum linking from Additional Features tab. I can place the forum in the group settings, but I can't seem to be able to see it or put anything into it. If it's working it's very confusing.
Juha Syrjä
Juha Syrjä Mar 22 '12

Thanks for the reply.

Just places a forum in groups? Not sure how you mean that, but my point in the second post was that even as I was able to place a forum into groups it's there, but in normal view there's _nothing_ where the forum is supposed to be.

How should the forums in groups work and why can't I see anything forumy in my groups?