We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

SEO & Landing Page | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Martin Baso
Martin Baso Jun 24 '15

Dear Oxwall team

What are the implications to SEO if I activite the landing page?  Will be google able to crawl the underlying oxwall content. I am scared that by activation this landing page ( to inform about cookie policy ) my site wont get crawled and indexed.

Please could you kindly clarify?

Thank you

Martin

tammy harris
tammy harris Jun 24 '15
you have the enter button google bot will follow that and go to main site
as long as you have guests can view site then the bot will look at all pages you can get to as a non logged in user any page set as you need to be logged in to see ie dasboard page 
google will not index 
James Geddes
James Geddes Jun 26 '15
The other thing to consider is that SEO is becoming more and more futile. For example, I am part of Geek.Zone which has 5 admins. Google has over 53,600 full-time employees with a tonne of them working exclusively on the search algorithm. No matter how good we try to be at SEO, we are never going to beat several thousand people with Computer Science PhD's.

The better thing to do is spread word of mouth about your site and why your community is so awesome. Besides, once Google sees that a site is very active (by "active" google means that it sees lots of changes happening) then it will naturally climb the google ladder.

ross Team
ross Jul 9 '15
Tammy +1
tammy harris
tammy harris Jul 10 '15
seo by keywords and description does not punch as much weight as it use to 

you site being active does help a bit but not much 

google uses content on your page words m image alt tags etc
the bigest thing google is anal about is your site must be able to be read by screen readers for blind people and a big part of that is the image alt tags

oxwall falls way way way down because if no alt tags

oxwall is such a great script and has come a long way but by missing some of the key google/bimg website guidelines  sadly makes it almost inposable to make a oxwall production site rank anywhere on google or bing 

half a days work on this would make oxwall a super awesome script 
and would get some oxwall powered sites to rank in google are blitzing other site powered by other scripts 

then oxwall could have a page showcasing  sites powered by oxwall 

Martin Baso
Martin Baso Jul 16 '15
Well I cannot imagine to push forward something what is having serious SEO issues. I would suggest developers to focus to make Oxwall SEO friendly otherwise this great software package will remain poorly ranking in search engines. This actually will cause  poor promotion of this great package....

Franky I have not find any high ranking / high traffic site , I think this is due SEO issues.
Trustosa
Trustosa May 5 '23
Greetings, friends. Now this question will not cause you any inconvenience. I think that it will be best if you are for Buy Web Addresses get.it.com Contact this site. Here you can use the generator of the domain name for free, and then purchase it at a fixed cost. I believe that no one can abandon this option, so you can safely begin. And this will clearly be a real victory.