We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

We Thought you Might Like to add Some Plugins Now (Final Step Trouble) | Forum

T B
T B Mar 26 '12
Every time I get to this step in install (final step), check plugins I want, hit next (finalize,w/e), screen whites out and nothing. When I try to get in from web page, I get 500 error. This is like my third fresh install, all on different db's. I've spent a day and a half on this, when I should've been studying. Pls help. I thought this would be fairly simple, but apparently not.?
Michael I.
Michael I. Mar 26 '12
You should contact your hosting company and ask them to check into error logs to determine the reason of the 500 error. Probably, some of your server settings conflicts with the rules described in .htaccess file. Try renaming it into _htaccess or .htaccess.old and see if the issue remains.
T B
T B Mar 26 '12
Ok, I have my own VDS, so contacting them will only get me the brush off with "read this article ......", I have access to basically everything. I just looked in my logs and it says "File does not exist: /home/hatemyex/public_html/favicon.ico" . Any ideas? When I try to access the page http://hatemyex.net/ow (the subdirectory it's in) I get this "http://hatemyex.net/ow/install/requirements" Thoughts? Regards
T B
T B Mar 26 '12
Btw, no luck with renaming the .htaccess file. It just changed it back after trying to access the site. Do I need to CHMOD any other files I don't know about, besides the ones you've listed previously in other posts? Thanks
T B
T B Mar 26 '12
Oh, thought I'd add, I do have an SSL certificate for the IP, for commerce. This shouldn't affect it though. I have not applied it to the domain yet though.
Michael I.
Michael I. Mar 29 '12
Does your server meet our requirements? What about favicon.ico? Does that file really exist?
T B
T B Apr 1 '12
Hey I got it all fixed, busted my butt for two days straight to figure it out. It was a setting problem in Apache. One of the modules "contains" free-type so you don't know where to turn it on. If anyone needs any help with a godaddy server problem and cPanel installs, feel free to ask. I think I know every problem they have.....even generally speaking.
Michael I.
Michael I. Apr 1 '12
Glad to know you managed to fix the issue.