We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Parse issue[Solved] | Forum

kevin99
kevin99 Jun 26 '15
Hello I installed a new version of 174 everything seems to work fine until I try to add new forum or edit a forum, Then i get a parserror. It is a clean install through my host provider through there softaculous.

I even tried to manually install it 2 times everything works fine  But again no matter how i install it it wont let me add new forum or edit general with out a parse error.

All clean installs no mods or themes added all plugins set to default
php is 5.3 on server.

What am I doing wrong any help would be great.

The Forum post is edited by ross Jul 6 '15
kevin99
kevin99 Jun 27 '15
I did I have spent 6 hours trying everything and reading all I can.

I had an older version and it worked just fine it was not until I upgraded to 1.7.4 that all the troubles began. I even did 5 clean installs.

bobbi
bobbi Jun 27 '15
what is your sites url, have you tried running debug to see if there any errors, have you tried disabling any third party plug ins, have you made any code changes, it could be a plug in if things were ok before you updated your sites platform
kevin99
kevin99 Jun 27 '15
http://moeetheory.com/moeox/index

its a clean install have not changed anything just installed and the forum wont let me add a
new forum or edit with out a parse error coming up when i hit submit, on the new forum or edited form.
kevin99
kevin99 Jun 27 '15
yes have used debug on oxwall and firebug.
kevin99
kevin99 Jun 27 '15
Just installed again clean from my host providers softaculous oxwall 1.7.4 still same error on create new forum or edit forum. parserror. then i close the window and refresh my fire fox and the forum I created shows up. I tried it with IE chrome same error no matter what browser I use.

Cleared all caches on server and browsers still nothing.

Shaun
Shaun Jun 27 '15
I have same thing happening on my site too.
ross Team
ross Jun 28 '15
Moee, do you mean the forum posts or the forum sections, like General and etc. ?
kevin99
kevin99 Jun 29 '15
When i click on forum it brings me to the forum page then i hit customize this page,
The if i click add new forum or edit forum, a window pops up and i make the new forum or edit one, then click add, the little circle starts next to add, and a red bar at the top pops up says parserror. The add window just sits there doing nothing. I have to actually cancel the window by refreshing the browser. After refresh the forum shows up on the forum list.

If i try to add new forum or edit a forum i get parserror and the window dose nothing.
I cant even close it with the little X top right of the box.

ross Team
ross Jun 29 '15
Kevin, since we cannot reproduce that on our side, please PM me your admin details, I'll take a look at the issue. 
kevin99
kevin99 Jun 29 '15
sent you a PM
ross Team
ross Jun 30 '15
I need your domain as well
Shaun
Shaun Jun 30 '15
If you find the problem let me know. I have noticed the same issue on my site.
kevin99
kevin99 Jun 30 '15
Shaun will do ...
ross Team
ross Jul 1 '15
Kevin, we'll need your Cpanel access details, please PM
ross Team
ross Jul 2 '15
Shaun, can you please PM me your FTP and admin details in order to check and fix the issue, as Kevin can't do that?
Shaun
Shaun Jul 3 '15
Hi ross will pm you in the morning.  Not at home until then mate.
Shaun
Shaun Jul 5 '15
Pm sent. Hope it helps.
ross Team
ross Jul 5 '15
Shaun, you forgot your admin details for the website. I will need them. 
Pages: 1 2 »