We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Subdomain and sitemap trouble | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Poh
Poh Jun 27 '15
Hello.

I´m having trouble with my site. In the main site for some reason the sitemap.xml is not generating automatically with the SEO plugin.

Also I created a subdomain (blog.mysite.com using mysite.com/blog folder) and made a blog with wordpress. I was able to install it editing the htaccess file but again the sitemap is not working.

I need help with the htaccess file.

Here is the .htaccess from the main site:

Options +FollowSymLinksRewriteEngine On
AddEncoding gzip .gzAddEncoding gzip .gzip<FilesMatch "\.(js.gz|js.gzip)$">  ForceType text/javascript</FilesMatch><FilesMatch "\.(css.gz|css.gzip)$">  ForceType text/css</FilesMatch>
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !blog.mysite.com$RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/blog/
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/sitemap.xmlRewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/sitemap_index.xml
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/sitemap\.xmlRewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/sitemap\.xml\.gzRewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/ow_sitemap/
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/index\.phpRewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/index\.phpRewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_cron/run\.phpRewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/e500\.php#RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (/|\.php|\.html|\.htm|\.xml|\.feed|robots\.txt|\.raw|/[^.]*)$  [NC]RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} (/|\.php|\.html|\.htm|\.xml|\.feed|robots\.txt|\.raw|/[^.]*)$  [NC]RewriteRule (.*) index.php

And now the blog .htaccess:

# BEGIN WordPress<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>RewriteEngine OnRewriteBase /blog/RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-fRewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-dRewriteRule . /blog/index.php [L]</IfModule>
# END WordPress

Taissa Team
Taissa Jul 1 '15
Poh, please clarify what is the SEO plugin name ? Did you contact plugin developer and report about sitemap issue? What do you mean by saying "not generating" ?
Was this file not created or it wasn't updated automatically when you add new custom pages?
tammy harris
tammy harris Jul 2 '15
check folder permissions 
you will find them in docs 
also ow_log 777
ross Team
ross Jul 9 '15
Poh, you SEO plugin developer to resolve the issue with the sitemap as we do not provide assistance on 3rd party plugins.