We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Create New Group Error[Solved] | Forum

Joe
Joe Jun 29 '15
I'm using OW 1.7.4, Groups build 9100, Forum build 9106.

I create a new group and I get a 500 error.

When I return to the groups page, the group is created however, under "Users" it shows - Oops, no profiles

I uninstalled and re-installed both Groups and Forum plugins to no avail.

I have 2 other Oxwall sites using the same hosting and they're working fine.

If it helps... only Oxwall plugins are installed... see attached.

Debug mode returns the following:

Message:     SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'xxxxx_xxxxx.ow_forum_update_search_index' doesn't exist
File:     /home/xxxxxx/public_html/ow_core/database.php
Line:     707
Trace:    

#0 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/ow_core/database.php(707): PDOStatement->execute()
#1 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/ow_core/database.php(460): OW_Database->execute('INSERT INTO `ow...', Array)
#2 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/ow_core/database.php(496): OW_Database->insert('INSERT INTO `ow...', Array)
#3 //home/xxxxxx/public_html/ow_core/base_dao.php(216): OW_Database->insertObject('ow_forum_update...', Object(FORUM_BOL_UpdateSearchIndex))
#4 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/ow_plugins/forum/bol/update_search_index_dao.php(152): OW_BaseDao->save(Object(FORUM_BOL_UpdateSearchIndex))
#5 /home/wrestle/public_html/ow_plugins/forum/bol/text_search_service.php(124): FORUM_BOL_UpdateSearchIndexDao->addQueue('4', 'delete_group')
#6/home/xxxxxx/public_html/ow_plugins/forum/bol/forum_service.php(835): FORUM_BOL_TextSearchService->saveOrUpdateGroup(Object(FORUM_BOL_Group))
#7 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/ow_plugins/forum/classes/event_handler.php(230): FORUM_BOL_ForumService->saveOrUpdateGroup(Object(FORUM_BOL_Group))
#8 [internal function]: FORUM_CLASS_EventHandler->createGroup(Object(OW_Event))
#9 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/ow_core/event_manager.php(222): call_user_func(Array, Object(OW_Event))
#10 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/ow_plugins/groups/controllers/groups.php(1401): OW_EventManager->trigger(Object(OW_Event))
#11/home/xxxxxx/public_html/ow_plugins/groups/controllers/groups.php(283): GROUPS_CreateGroupForm->process()
#12 [internal function]: GROUPS_CTRL_Groups->create(Array)
#13/home/xxxxxx/public_html/ow_core/request_handler.php(266): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#14 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/ow_core/application.php(329): OW_RequestHandler->dispatch()
#15 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/index.php(73): OW_Application->handleRequest()
#16 {main}

Type:     PDOException

The Forum post is edited by ross Jul 5 '15
Attachments:
  Plugins.jpg (190Kb)
ross Team
ross Jun 29 '15
Joe, seems like your forum plugin has not been successfully updated. 

Go to the phpmyadmin-> to ow_base_plugin table ->locate forum plugin and change the build from 9106 to 9100 for example -> go to the ow_plugin/forum/plugin.xml file and change the build there as well

Then download the forum plugin from the store and upload/extract the plugin to ow_plugins folder. 

Then go to your phpmyadmin and you'll see a notice to update plugin DB, click update

Let us know if the issue persists or doesn't

Joe
Joe Jun 30 '15
Hi Ross
No, I followed those steps and same thing.
It's a new site so I deleted everything and performed a fresh manual install, updated the forum plugin via admin panel and still the same results.
The Forum post is edited by Joe Jun 30 '15
ross Team
ross Jul 1 '15
Joe, if you provide with the cpanel access details and domain name, I would be happy to do the installation for you and check the issue with the error. Please PM
ross Team
ross Jul 1 '15
Ok, Joe, please check I have installed website, created a group, no 500 error, 

I don't know what was wrong with the installation. I've sent you the access details in PM

The Forum post is edited by ross Jul 1 '15
Joe
Joe Jul 2 '15
Hi Ross, you did not update forum to 9106 or connect the forum to groups. I updated forum successfully via admin panel. As soon as I click on "Connect Forum" in the groups settings I get the 500 error. Login info is the same.
The Forum post is edited by Joe Jul 2 '15
Vladimir Bach
Vladimir Bach Jul 2 '15
I have this exact problem!! 

I went through and setup my site, had everything working, then started making groups and bam noticed this. 

Vladimir Bach
Vladimir Bach Jul 2 '15
I changed the build to 8100 on both the database and plugin and then uploaded it and went to admin page and it said the source files were updated so the database needed to be updated, then it works now.
ross Team
ross Jul 2 '15
Please check, the issue has been fixed by following Vladimir instructions

Vladimir +1

Joe
Joe Jul 3 '15
Thank you guys!!!!!!!!!!! It is working now!!!

I tried that from this earlier reply to no avail:
Quote from ross Joe, seems like your forum plugin has not been successfully updated. 

Go to the phpmyadmin-> to ow_base_plugin table ->locate forum plugin and change the build from 9106 to 9100 for example -> go to the ow_plugin/forum/plugin.xml file and change the build there as well

Then download the forum plugin from the store and upload/extract the plugin to ow_plugins folder. 

Then go to your phpmyadmin and you'll see a notice to update plugin DB, click update

Let us know if the issue persists or doesn't

Again, thank you!!!
ross Team
ross Jul 5 '15
Great, I"m going to mark this thread as Solved then.