We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

contactus plugin: switch off captcha if authorized - Contact Us | Forum

Bernd Eckenfels
Bernd Eckenfels Jul 6 '15
Hello,

I hacked the contactus plugin to not show and require a captcha if the user is logged in. I can provide the diff if you like (but it is rather ugly as I dont know how to correctly check the presence of the form field in the template). So I guess it is best if you implement the conditional yourself.

This is rather important as the captchas are pretty bad to read (and the label "secure image" does not help either).

Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Jul 7 '15
I'm sorry I don't understand your request.
Do you just want the plugin to be without captcha if user logged in already?
Bernd Eckenfels
Bernd Eckenfels Jul 7 '15

Quote from Oxwall Software I'm sorry I don't understand your request.
Do you just want the plugin to be without captcha if user logged in already?

Yes, I have created a Pull Request which does this: github.com/oxwall/contactus/pull/1 (however I am not sure if the {if} in the template could be made better. It would be good if you could consider the change. Maybe make it configurable, but I dont see a point in asking a logged-in user for a Captcha (especially since the default is so hard to read).
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Jul 8 '15
Make a suggestion on uservoice: http://oxwall.uservoice.com/forums/13756-ideas-for-oxwall
If it gets many voices, we'll consider implementing it.
Couto
Couto Aug 25 '15
Hello,

I think that the plugin have a problem with the captcha because it give allways error "wrong captcha"

You do not have permission to reply this topic