We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

FTP Invalid | Forum

Adhy Musaad
Adhy Musaad Apr 3 '12
Dear Oxwall

I can not update automatically, I get this error "Invalid FTP attributes! Provided the userdoes not have permissions to overwrite files."

Please help me

Michael I.
Michael I. Apr 8 '12
You should use the access details that were used during the installation. What FTP details did you use during update?
Adhy Musaad
Adhy Musaad Apr 9 '12

I enter the username, and my FTP password?
but still can not
please help me

Michael I.
Michael I. Apr 10 '12
Are those FTP details you used for Oxwall site installation? Make sure you use proper port.
Adhy Musaad
Adhy Musaad Apr 10 '12
yes, I can do it first, and suddenly can no longer
Michael I.
Michael I. Apr 18 '12
What error do you receive? Where do you receive it? Attach a screenshot and provide us with more information.
Michael Leader
Michael Apr 18 '12
I have this same issue.  My ftp account I use has full permissions.  Tested this and proven.
I have also checked in the server and I do think I have ownership of the files but cannot work out if it is a system permission with apache or my ftp server. (I dont use hosting, I have it on a linux server, no cpanel.  just ssh!)

It doesn't affect me much as I can access the files directly but it would b e nice to have it working perfect.

I usually get the error when I try to load "new" plugins, do updates on plugins or core updates.  (or plugin deletions)
Anything that uses the ftp panel within the admin section.
Adhy Musaad
Adhy Musaad Apr 20 '12
its same problem :(
sezar
sezar Jul 4 '12

Quote from Adhy Musaad its same problem :(

did you fix it im having the same problem it won't log in
Michael I.
Michael I. Jul 6 '12
Make sure all files on your server are allowed for writing by the FTP user that you are using.