We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

There is a problem with upgrade version 1.3.2 | Forum

Anon Anon
Anon Anon Apr 4 '12
Its all to do with installing version 1.3.1 then doing a non compatible data import from wall.fm. This change the version back to 1.3.0. This caused an obvious problem with the upgrade from 1.3.1 to 1.3.2.

The solution of course is really simple and that is to have a upgrade from 1.3.0 to 1.3.1 to rectify the problem.

I have two sites 1 that was installed with 1.3.1 without any import of data this has been updated successfully. The other site with the data import is most definitely flawed and showing 505 internal server errors.

Same server same configurations. 

Could you please confirm that this 1.3.0 to 1.3.1 will be available shortly?

Maybe a good move to inform clients that this problem exists and why.       
savvas
savvas Apr 4 '12

CAN YOU PLS CHECK MY SITE www.batiha.com and advise me pls cos since the update my site has gone bonkers slowed down and newsfeed aint working correctly , i have reported it even to mr emil but it seems no1 cares am fustrated cos its scary , i will realy appreciate if you had a look cos you look like you know what you are talking about .

Thanks

Sav

xxxxxx

DeFender
DeFender Apr 4 '12
Seems there are some problems with connection to Facebook. Please, try again later.
Anon Anon
Anon Anon Apr 4 '12
This is for Admin to answer and very important to new users that have transferred from wall.fm to oxwall within the last month or so.
Quote from Anon Anon Its all to do with installing version 1.3.1 then doing a non compatible data import from wall.fm. This change the version back to 1.3.0. This caused an obvious problem with the upgrade from 1.3.1 to 1.3.2.

The solution of course is really simple and that is to have a upgrade from 1.3.0 to 1.3.1 to rectify the problem.

I have two sites 1 that was installed with 1.3.1 without any import of data this has been updated successfully. The other site with the data import is most definitely flawed and showing 505 internal server errors.

Same server same configurations. 

Could you please confirm that this 1.3.0 to 1.3.1 will be available shortly?

Maybe a good move to inform clients that this problem exists and why.       
Please do not clutter up the threads!
Joseph
Joseph Apr 5 '12
@Savvas I know the issue but have no solution as of yet I had my servers techs look into the slow down issues and they said whatever it is the index is spiking memory and cpu usage on the server as well as the database is being overworked and cache is not working properly now some of these issues may only pertain to me but since the update these issues have risen and yesterday it caused my arrowchat to really overwork and my site crashed I am not very happy at all with this luckily I am slightly happy an investor took our company on today so maybe we will hire our own support team and try and solve issues faster for you guys since oxwall is slow about it
Anon Anon
Anon Anon Apr 5 '12
The site I am working on crashed, crashed yet once again, I have gave up on migration and just can not wait for Oxwall to sort this problem out. So I have started a fresh, no migration and will send out invites to the members of the site ONCE again. I have wasted hours on this problem pulled my hair out and got totally cheesed off.  I could play with the database but I am just not in the mood.    
The Forum post is edited by Anon Anon Apr 5 '12
Mike888
Mike888 Apr 5 '12
1.3.1 to 1.3.2 is not upgrading without server error.
I can confirm.
So I have to stay on 1.3.1 until solved.. but why was it not tested before?/
anyway
waiting is obviously the only way

Anon Anon
Anon Anon Apr 5 '12
Its certainly Okay if you did not migrate from wall.fm on the 1.3.1 platform. It was the migration process that messed this up either the Wall.fm data export plugin or the Oxwall data import plugin.

The funny thing is that if you start afresh on oxwall with 1.3.2 the migration has a big big problem also. Well it looks like it could be time for those really frustrated to employ Oxwall to sort it out on your sites?  Or wait three or four weeks or so why they drag their feet. I expect there will be a supply of magic fomular's or and blaming the cron and your hosting service setups.

Why they don't just sell the service license in the first place and cut out all this stupidity, then supply a bug free product?      
Mike888
Mike888 Apr 6 '12
does the upgrade to 1.3.2 included any changes to the database
if no, it would be the best just to install a fresh 1.3.2, add the images and media files and go ahead with the old configuration file
anyone did try?

Joseph
Joseph Apr 6 '12
there are db changes to my knowledge 
Anon Anon
Anon Anon Apr 6 '12
Yes I did and got the same 505. I did notice one problem on a fresh instal of 1.3.2 and a new export data of the old wall.fm account when I tried to import the data I got this message on screen

The import was not successful and all the plugins where installed. Note no list of the required plugins. I gave up did a fresh 1.3.2 and started open accounts for the wall.fm users with a password and sent off a email with the user name and password

Example of email

Hi

We have moved to http://site.net

You now have an account here and if you like to use it please do.

Please sign in using your normal email used on the old http://site.wall.fm

Your password is:

Password

We really hope you will come and participate as we really have some wonderful things for you

to see.

Best wishes

Admin 

This is working fine and all my troubles have been taken a way. I really can not afford to wait for oxwall to come up with a fix.
Adhy Musaad
Adhy Musaad Apr 6 '12
I think the plugin event, is in trouble!
Joseph
Joseph Apr 6 '12
i upgraded just fine if you have not read my work arounds you should look them up they work each time
Anon Anon
Anon Anon Apr 6 '12
Stop wasting our time Joseph your 1.3.1 was stable as you did not do any migration. I had two sites similar that upgraded with no problem. Only the one that had a import data of which was defiantly flawed and it changed the verion number back to 1.3.0. This is not a problem you can relate to with one of your work around's. Oxwall needs to deal with this and we really are totally fed up with magic formula's that make one pull their hair out. off course they will drag their feet as they want us to pay for their services. I personal found a solution to get users on to the new platform by opening accounts for them and sending them the passwords. Though I can afford to pay for Oxwall's services and rather pay for a license for a stable package without all these obvious pit falls.  This is due to a flawed plugin

The Forum post is edited by Anon Anon Apr 6 '12
Joseph
Joseph Apr 7 '12
well it's not a waste of time I am fed up as well but know ways around simple things and even working on figuring out other problems with 1.3.2 but yes I agree we need something more stable and I feel the test group didn't last as long as it should have and yet I see no one from oxwall coming in with answers and this is my life so if I don't waste my time I just sit and watch you guys go on about it anyways lol
Anon Anon
Anon Anon Apr 7 '12
I see this problem as a way to frustrate newbies into using oxwall's services. I would rather buy the package with no problems than go through all this crap. I can just imagine how Adhy feels because he may lose most of his users, after successfully getting migrated and now this upgrade locked them out of his site. If he did not make a backup he will be really annoyed. If it was not the bad history of the recommended servers I would of set up on one of them. At present I am on a much faster and bigger bandwidth server with a very good past history. In future I will use a test site to test these upgrades before I upgrade my clients sites.

Adhy Musaad
Adhy Musaad Apr 7 '12
I am interested in oxwall 1.3.2, but a lot of trouble! I just sat quietly with my pride locked to TIM OXWALL. I can still walk the site with 1.3.1 with the users is increased.
I must be crazy than the update!
I just wait until the next update banging my head against the wall
Mike888
Mike888 Apr 8 '12
if all plug in are uninstalled before upgrading and reinstalled after upgrading
what will happen
same trouble??

Anon Anon
Anon Anon Apr 8 '12
It makes no difference Mike I have tried it.  
Crystal
Crystal Apr 11 '12
I too have had a problem with the upgrade. I usually download the upgrade package upload and all works fine. This time getting a 500 server error fault.
Pages: 1 2 »