We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

FTP settings | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Sy
Sy Jul 24 '15
Hey,

I hope someone can point me in the right direction, I installed Oxwall via my Cpanel software I wasnt asked for FTP details on the install.

I need to add them to the Admin section so I can update plugins etc But I am unable to find the setting page anywhere?

Am i being totally stupid or something ? or are they hidden?

Many Thanks for any help.

Sy
ross Team
ross Jul 24 '15
usually FTP access details matches your CPanel access details, however you can create new ones: https://docs.oxwall.org/...d-plugins-and-themes
ross Team
ross Jul 24 '15
Sy
Sy Jul 24 '15
Hey Ross
Thats the problem I've never been asked to add my FTP details nor can I find anywhere to add them :(

http://i.imgur.com/fNo669z.jpg
The Forum post is edited by Sy Jul 24 '15
ross Team
ross Jul 24 '15
as I noted before usually FTP access details are the same as CPanel, as a Host indicate "localhost" and your Cpanel access details (username/password) also check the tutorial link I provided you
Sy
Sy Jul 24 '15
Hi Ross thanks again I know how to setup FTP accounts I just dont get asked to enter the FTP details by Oxwall does that make sense? :s
ross Team
ross Jul 24 '15
Click update one of the plugins plugin and follow the steps provided to you, in one of them you'll be asked to enter your FTP access details
Sy
Sy Jul 24 '15
i have 6 plugins that need updating non of them forcing me to enter the FTP details :(

Is there a file that has the details or somewhere in the MySQL I can just add it?
Sy
Sy Jul 24 '15
Also just as a test I've installed Oxwall manually and still not FTP questions on setup.

Anyone else?
bobbi
bobbi Jul 24 '15
you dont get asked to set up ftp details, it is your c panel log in, just enter your cpanel log in when prompted to update plug ins/platform 
Sy
Sy Jul 24 '15
Thats what I'm trying to tell get across.

I have never been asked
ross Team
ross Jul 26 '15
Bobbi +1
Sy
Sy Jul 27 '15
When i click the update button it takes me back to main page and i get this banner

ross Team
ross Jul 27 '15
Sy, please provide the screenshot of the whole webpage where you get this red popup error
Sy
Sy Jul 29 '15
Hi sorry for the late response been kinda busy @ work.

it takes me right back to the main page of the site as if i've just logged in.

Taissa Team
Taissa Aug 3 '15
Sy, did you check whether you have FTP module enabled in you php?
go to ow_includes folder/config.php file
right after this:
<?php

insert
phpinfo();

Go to your website. You'll see info about your server configuration.
Check the ftp section:
FTP support: it should say enabled or disabled.
Sy
Sy Aug 5 '15
Hi Taissa

maybe that's the problem the link below is all my config.php i've removed the db details etc.

But there is no mention of FTP in there.

http://pastebin.com/7Qqg4ARm

Sy
Sy Aug 5 '15
Sorry I misunderstood what you meant...

you mean add phpinfo sorry..

yeah FTP enabled etc

The Forum post is edited by Sy Aug 5 '15
Sy
Sy Aug 5 '15
yeah Chris I got confused to the reply also but after reading it again it was to add

<? phpinfo(); ?>

into my config.php shows your PHP config :)

Sy
Sy Aug 5 '15
www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsYFW7Tdezk

Thats what happens.

The Forum post is edited by Sy Aug 5 '15
Pages: 1 2 »