We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

FTP not WORK [Answered] | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Adhy Musaad
Adhy Musaad Apr 4 '12
I can not update via FTP, help me
The Forum post is edited by Alia Apr 10 '13
Anon Anon
Anon Anon Apr 4 '12
This is because after your softaculous auto load you migrated your data from your wall.fm site. The later changed the version from 1.3.1 to 1.3.0 do not be tempted to use the softaculous upgrade from your cpanel/hosting panel that is suggested in an email from softaculous or you and your users will be locked out of your site with a 505 error. It best to wait for oxwall to fix this problem as suggested in http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/3940 
The Forum post is edited by Anon Anon Apr 4 '12
Adhy Musaad
Adhy Musaad Apr 5 '12
No,,

I found this, when the update through FTP

"FTP Invalid attributes! Provided the user does not have permissions to overwrite files."
Mark
Mark Apr 5 '12
have you uploaded or edited the files via any other account other then the one in which the files reside in? such as a root or superuser?

Anon Anon
Anon Anon Apr 5 '12
That's because your details entered are incorrect

You must use your user name and password for your cpanel and not for you oxwall site (I assumed you did)

Mark
Mark Apr 5 '12
Quote from Anon Anon That's because your details entered are incorrect

no it saying his details are correct (you shouldnt assume anyway) but he does not have the correct permissions to overwrite the files.  
Adhy Musaad
Adhy Musaad Apr 6 '12
I use, cpanel username and password, but can not!
permission? I never touched it ..
This is not very clear
What can I do? I upload manually? extremely difficult
Mark
Mark Apr 6 '12
when entering FTP settings you should be using

the first box should be your domain or ip (i use mysite.com without the and )

the second box should be your cpanel login name

the third box should be your cpanel password

the forth box should not need changing (check with your webhost)

Michael Leader
Michael Apr 6 '12
just thinking, there was a little issue a while back if you use one account for the site then another to try the upload of the update the owner is wrong and you get permission issues.  I have an issue on my site where the site cannot update via ftp but I can thru my admin panel.
Sounds like you may have a similar issue.  That might be an issue!
Anon Anon
Anon Anon Apr 13 '12
What I assumed actual could happen. Saying I assumed actually got the information I required confirmation that Adhy had used the correct user name and password. I would of course added this image with the same explanations as you have gave.

I am here to help and not hinder. I have every right to assume as long as that assumption does not lead to an incorrect answer to a problem.

Ahdy was you able to solve your problem? 
The Forum post is edited by Anon Anon Apr 13 '12
Adhy Musaad
Adhy Musaad Apr 14 '12
no, I've tried but it did not allow

there seems to be an error on FTP

Michael I.
Michael I. May 7 '12
Adhy, are you 100% sure you're using the same FTP access details you used during the Oxwall installation?
Adhy Musaad
Adhy Musaad May 8 '12
I'm sure, because my FTP details sent to my email address and still saved. but can not
Purusothaman Ramanujam

Quote from aka_le_Mulder Adhy, are you 100% sure you're using the same FTP access details you used during the Oxwall installation?

Where do we provide the FTP details during installation? I do not use cpanel as I have hosted directly in Amazon cloud.

Whatever values I give in the screen I get "FTP Invalid attributes! Provided the user does not have permissions to overwrite files." error.
Michael I.
Michael I. May 14 '12
Basically, you can use details for the FTP user that has enough permissions to overwrite files on your server.
Adhy Musaad
Adhy Musaad May 14 '12
I already have the basic details but can not, I do not have another user
Ivan
Ivan Jan 17 '13
Ftp for updates does not work in oxwall - "FTP Invalid attributes! Provided the user does not have permissions to overwrite files.

But it works from my ftp clients FileZilla or Nautilus. I tried vsftpd and proftpd with many different settings. 

It is 100% bug!

The Forum post is edited by Ivan Jan 17 '13
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Yes, I have been saying this for long time. But Oxwall team does not respond to that. They are busy in development.

Oxwall FTP does not support ftps.
Shreya Tili
Shreya Tili Apr 10 '13
Mark's instructions are spot on! Enter the cpanel login details to install the plugin.

I had been struggling with this for quite some time. Now, I finally know how to install Oxwall plugins :-).
Bob
Bob Apr 14 '13
"FTP Invalid attributes! Provided the user does not have permissions to overwrite files.

I have the same problem, talking to my hosting company they say its an Oxwall problem. My FTP details are correct and they tested it for me and I and they can FTP my site just fine.

Come on Oxwall there is a serious bug here you need to accet it and fix it.

Bob

Pages: 1 2 »