We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Run mailQueueProcess more often | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Bernd Eckenfels
Bernd Eckenfels Jul 27 '15
The mailQeueueProcess in ow_system_plugins/base/cron.php runs every 5 minutes. This means that password reset mails and verification mails can be pretty delayed. My site is rather small, I wonder why this is running not more often? Can I safely change it?
Taissa Team
Taissa Jul 28 '15
Bernd, you can change this 5 minute period in ow_system_plugins/base/cron.php. Please, have a look at this theme: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/27940.
Bernd Eckenfels
Bernd Eckenfels Jul 29 '15
Thanks Taissa, I wish there where some generic mechanism to overwrite such changes without custom code changes but I will manage it. I guess for my case it is fine to reduce the interval.
Taissa Team
Taissa Jul 31 '15
Bernd, also you may use this instruction to launch your cron every minute. 
Bernd Eckenfels
Bernd Eckenfels Jul 31 '15
I am running the php script as apache user with cron every minute, so this works already (thats why I was investigating why the mails are delyed so long).
Taissa Team
Taissa Aug 4 '15
Bernd, don't forget about hosting provider server limits. They have these limits, in order to prevent spam mailing. So even if you set cron to send emails every minute, you may exit the server limits and your account will be blocked as a spam account.
Bernd Eckenfels
Bernd Eckenfels Aug 5 '15
Thanks Taissa, in my case its not a problem since it is running on my own infrastructure. (and I added a comment in regards to limits to the older discussion)