We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

So how does it works with photos + other questions - User Credits | Forum

ketkew
ketkew Jul 29 '15
Before I buy this plugin I need to get some answers first:

1. My current users can upload max 400 photos and they are free to do that.
If I install and config the credits for my photos (lets say 1 credit per photo), then the possibility to add 400 photos for free is not applicable anymore..or I need them to give 400 free credits for this, but credits can also be used for other things.. so this is not an option.. and how to deal with this?

2. Is it possible to give new registered users for example 100 credits by default? (automatically.. not manual)

3. Should current users also receive 100 credits by default after defined, or do I need to give them manually?

4. Does this work with OW 1.7.5?
The Forum post is edited by ketkew Jul 29 '15
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Aug 5 '15

Hello Ketkew,

Let me answer your questions one-by-one:

1. If you want the Upload Photo service to be available for free - you can disable this action in the User Credits plugin settings and it will not be counted by the system. Also, if the action (for ex: Add Photo) is available to a role, this action won't also be counted by the User Credits plugin.

2. Yes, it's possible. You can set a positive value for any action (including Daily login, User join, Birthday), so then a user will be given by the amount of credits you set in the User Credits settings.

3. Could you please specify what you mean by saying 'receive 100 credits by default after defined'. Do you want all your user to receive 100 credits after you will install the User Credits plugin? No, it's impossible. There are the list of available actions a user can receive/spend credits for. So, all you can do is to set the 100 value for, let's say, Daily login action and if a user logs into the site, they receives 100 credits.

4. Yes, all our plugins work with the latest Oxwall software version.

I hope my explanation is clear enough. If not, please don't hesitate to get back to me for clarifications or additional instructions.

ketkew
ketkew Aug 5 '15
Hi Skalfa,

Thanks for the clarification! For point 3: I currently don't have a lot of users because I'm in the startup phase of my project, so this wouldn't be a problem in my case.
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Aug 5 '15
Ok, let us know if you have further questions.
You do not have permission to reply this topic