We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Online users | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Hassan Moustafa
Hassan Moustafa Aug 3 '15
Hello,

Is there a way where logged in male users see only online females and logged in females to see only online males?

Thanks,

Hassan

Taissa Team
Taissa Aug 4 '15
Hassan, in your case it would be interesting  to to take a look at Skadate X software. I believe this will fit all your needs.
The Forum post is edited by Taissa Aug 4 '15
Hassan Moustafa
Hassan Moustafa Aug 6 '15
Hi Taissa,

Thank you for your response. I'm sorry for not being clear in my original post. Actually I do have Skadate X software. Skatedate doesn't come with online users option as out of the box but I had to find a plugin that shows users online without doing a search. Other dating sites show only females online for logged in males and only males online for logged in females so I wanted to have this functionality. Any idea if there is a plugin or customization I can do to achieve this goal?

Thanks,

Hassan

Taissa Team
Taissa Aug 7 '15
Hassan, SkaDate software has their own number of features and plugins which are not related to Oxwall and that is why I can't help you. SkaDate has his own technical support so please contact them to find a solution.
Paul Towery
Paul Towery Aug 9 '15
I would like to know, is there a plugin that will show everybody online for all the Users. Maybe i have over looked it or something, I am looking for a plugin that will show all Users on line in there PHOTO in the User listing on my Main page and not the members page.

And also is there a fix to the small 40Px size photo for the users. Can it be made to 72px without messing up the script and show the user online.

Hassan Moustafa
Hassan Moustafa Aug 10 '15
See this plugin

http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/440

Thanks,

Taissa Team
Taissa Aug 10 '15
Paul, please remember one request per one topic. Create a separate topic regarding issues that are not related to the Online users feature.

Concerning to the title question, as far as I know you will need to Deactivate SkaDate User search plugin and then Oxwall's online users default functionality will start working. But as I said before, it will be better contact the SkaDate support team to get full information about this question.
Paul Towery
Paul Towery Aug 10 '15
I am sorry Taissa for placing two topics in the same post but this forum is really hard to find anything in it. I am now scratching my head as to why would i need to contact skadate for anything. I bought all my themes here from oxwall. If my themes are SKadate, i am not aware of it. I am asking is there a plugin that shows the USERS online in there (pic)  and (not on the members listing page, as this is in all the themes). I want my members to be able to see each others pictures on the main page with a green dot showing they are online in the user pic like in the members page with the chat button..this would be a real winner if it exist... Is this Available anywhere in oxwall. People have to leave the main page just to see if other members are online, this is not a really good idea for a social site...it should be all in the main page. 

Thanks Hassan for the url listing, but that is not what i am really wanting to go with.

Taissa Team
Taissa Aug 11 '15
Paul, I apologize for misunderstanding you. Have a look at this plugin: http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/268. ; You may contact the plugin developer and ask him about adding this new functionality to mark online users.

Concerning avatar size this topic might be useful for you: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/8135?&page=1. ;
Oxwall Tips
Oxwall Tips Aug 25 '15
Zoli I have been working with SkaDate clients and must say that what you mentioned is not really blocked. SkaDate clients work in a dating niche and a little bit different approach is needed to such businesses.

Member lists are not blocked, users are just forced to search first. SkaDate's search logic is heavily based on who is loged in at this moment, entered search criteria and relevance of potential search matches. Thus showing user lists is pointless. In additional to that clients I worked with aim at monetizing almost any site activity. Forcing users to search is one way of forcing them to get premium memberships or buying credits. SkaDate users can deactivate this search logic at any time and keep using Oxwall's one.

Mobile version - SkaDate comes in mobile apps instead. Oxwall's mobile version is blocked for a reason. It just doesn't support most of the dating features at this moment. What is the point of having mobile version which only allows to log in and view photos. They are releasing mobile version this september though ( that is what my clients are told and are waiting). And just like with user search existing block can also be removed.

Overall, opinions about SkaDate might be different. But people I worked with were quite satisfied with what they have.

And I must say that I personally love Oxwall itself as well. It can be customized to work in so many ways ( as long as you know what you are doing). And it is all for free...

The Forum post is edited by Oxwall Tips Aug 25 '15
Taissa Team
Taissa Aug 25 '15
Oxwall Tips, I'm much obliged you for your help.
Zoli, I've removed the links in your post, because it has not related to the Oxwall software.
The Forum post is edited by Taissa Aug 25 '15
Taissa Team
Taissa Aug 26 '15
Zoli, this forum is for discussing questions related to Oxwall software. And we don't discuss products based on our software like SkaDate here. This is considered as irrelevant theme.
If you have any questions about SkaDate it would be better contact SkaDate Support team directly.

Taissa Team
Taissa Aug 27 '15
Zoli, If you have questions not related to the topic, please create a separate post. Oxwall is completely free software, you shouldn't pay for it.