We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

For those that want to trial cloud | Forum

Mark
Mark Apr 7 '12
http://aws.amazon.com/free/

To help new AWS customers get started in the cloud, AWS is introducing a free usage tier. New AWS customers will be able to run a free Amazon EC2 Micro Instance for a year, while also leveraging a free usage tier for Amazon S3, Amazon Elastic Block Store, Amazon Elastic Load Balancing, and AWS data transfer. AWS’s free usage tier can be used for anything you want to run in the cloud: launch new applications, test existing applications in the cloud, or simply gain hands-on experience with AWS.

For no additional charge, AWS Elastic Beanstalk allows you quickly and easily deploy your PHP and Java applications using many of the services offered in the free usage tier. To learn more about AWS Elastic Beanstalk and the free usage tier, go to "Deploy a Sample Web Application in the Free Usage Tier" in the AWS Getting Started Guide: Free Usage Tier.

Below are the highlights of AWS’s free usage tiers. All are available for one year (except SWF, DynamoDB, SimpleDB, SQS, and SNS which are free indefinitely):

Den Team
Den Apr 11 '12
Thanks for sharing Mark. I believe this will be helpful for beginners.
Mark
Mark Apr 13 '12
i tried this and FYI if your going to use this on a site that have many user files (photos and avatars) expect to lose a day while everything is uploaded/transferred. 
Joseph
Joseph May 7 '12
mark can you guide me on this I tried switching one of my smaller sites over to amazon s3 to test it before using on my larger site and well after going by the setup guide on here my files are not linked correctly
Mark
Mark May 8 '12
i noticed some files linked and some seemed to stay on my server, i spend a good 8 hours transferring files and backing them up etc that i gave up in the end