We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Question/Polls Plugin - Questions | Forum

Paul Towery
Paul Towery Aug 19 '15
i am having trouble with this plugin. I added it to my site and then i could only ask a poll / question, etc. (once) , then i have to uninstall the plugin and reinstall it, for it to work again properly for one poll/question. I am running 1.7.5. ...is there anything that could be going wrong somewhere i do not know about.
Sergey Kambalin
Sergey Kambalin Aug 20 '15

Hello,

Are there any errors while adding second question? Could you provide a screenshot of the issue.
Paul Towery
Paul Towery Aug 20 '15
I reinstalled it and tried it again, but problems are still existing, here are some of the problems that are occurring. The Answers are overlapping and they are really jumpy when you move your mouse cursor over them. Also, when you go to ask a Question/poll, it sometimes does not want to let you make a question/poll.
Paul Towery
Paul Towery Aug 20 '15
here is another screen shot...
Sergey Kambalin
Sergey Kambalin Aug 21 '15
Hello,

It seems to be a theme issue. You should contact the theme developer by the issue.

I tested the issue on your site and found that something slowing your index page and causes problem with questions adding ( in Firefox ). I tried to add questions from other pages ( User Profile, Questions ) and everything works ok. 

Try to remove all widgets except Newsfeed from the index page to find which widget cause the problem.

Paul Towery
Paul Towery Aug 21 '15
ok, thanks. I will try some of the suggestions.
John
John Sep 2 '15

Quote from Sergey Kambalin

Hello,

Are there any errors while adding second question? Could you provide a screenshot of the issue.

Hi Sergey, another really nice plugin from you :)

I have the same problem. I had to uninstall "Questions/Polls" in order to manually update to OxWall platform 1.7.5. After the update, I tried to reinstall "Questions/Polls" 100 times but it keeps giving error message "Invalid Plugin Key _ INVALID_".

I checked MySQL and discovered the installation process only made one entry to "ow_base_plugin" table. It does not make any other entry (e.g, menus, widget, etc) and it does not create the "Questions" SQL tables. What specifically is the likely cause of this error? thanks

P.S I'm using default theme
Attachments:
  invalid_key.jpg (49Kb)
Paul Towery
Paul Towery Sep 5 '15
I never could get it to work properly, so i had to take it out until this issue gets resolved. I like the plugin and think it would be a great addition to any site. If you find anything that can help me with this plugin Sergey or resolve the issues, i will give it a another try. Thanks, Paul.
You do not have permission to reply this topic