We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Plugin not listed as "Available" with 1.3.2 ... | Forum

Michael Burns
Michael Burns Apr 9 '12
I have a development site and a production site that I am using a privately developed plugin on. The plugin functions without issue on 1.3.1.

I installed 1.3.2 on my production site using Softaculous. I then added a custom theme which worked fine. I then added my plugin which Oxwall reported as successful. However, the plugin was not shown on the "Available Plugins" list though it does exist in the ow_plugins folder with the same ownership and permissions as the other plugins in the ow_plugins folder.

I then upgraded my development site from 1.3.1 to 1.3.2 using the standard upgrade process to see if I could replicate the issue. At the time of the upgrade, my custom plugin was installed and active. After the upgrade was completed, the plugin continued to function normally. I then uninstalled my plugin to see if it would show on the "Available Plugins" list. It did not.

I have both OW_DEBUG_MODE and OW_DEV_MODE enabled on both sites. No errors are being reported.

Anyone have any ideas what may be going on, what to look for?

(Note: I originally posted this at http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/4005. However, I deleted that and posted here which seems more appropriate.)
The Forum post is edited by Michael Burns Apr 9 '12
Michael I.
Michael I. Apr 10 '12
Michael, can you tell me what plugin is that? Is it available for downloading from the Store?
Michael Burns
Michael Burns Apr 10 '12
No, it's a custom plugin I am developing. Everything worked fine for 1.3.1. And, everything worked fine when I upgraded a system to 1.3.2 where the plugin was installed and active. It's only after I uninstalled it or performed an "Add New" on a freshly installed system that it is not showing in the "Available Plugins" list.
Michael Burns
Michael Burns Apr 13 '12
I was able to resolve the problem by looking through the Oxwall code. I found that several elements of the plugin.xml are "required", otherwise the plugin is ignored. I had removed one required element. I evidently had not done an "Add New" or "Uninstall" since making that change.

Anyway, the "required" elements are:

key, name, description, license, author, build, copyright, licenseUrl

If any of these are missing, the plugin will be ignored.
Michael I.
Michael I. May 3 '12
Useful information for plugins developers.
Michael I.
Michael I. May 3 '12
Topic was moved from Bug reports and troubleshooting.
ALI SHER
ALI SHER Feb 10
Whoa! that blog post was basically pretty favorable thank you. “Two paradoxes are better than one they may even suggest a solution.” by Edward Teller.. Forgiveness AI
REHMAN
REHMAN Feb 19
Thank you for very usefull information.. Sugar Defender Drops
ALI SHER
ALI SHER Feb 20
Thanks for your article. I would like to say that a health insurance agent also works for the benefit of the particular coordinators of a group insurance policies. The health insurance professional is given an index of benefits wanted by an individual or a group coordinator. Exactly what a broker will is search for individuals and also coordinators which in turn best go with those wants. Then he shows his recommendations and if both parties agree, the particular broker formulates a contract between the two parties. upholstery cleaning middlesbrough
REHMAN
REHMAN Feb 21
Body of water get on your site though making use of detect merely merely a certain amount of part submits. Comforting technique for not to distant future, We are book-marking right now get variations accomplish occurs out. SEO Company Dublin
REHMAN
REHMAN Feb 21
Speedily this great site will certainly indisputably always be renowned amid most writing a blog men and women, for the fastidious content as well as testimonials. Nature\\\'s Remedy Fungi Remover
REHMAN
REHMAN Feb 22
Rapidly this kind of internet site can easily unquestionably recognition among virtually all blogging and site-building and also site-building individuals, to be able to the meticulous content or simply opinions. https://krasnoturinsk.me/fin/olc/mostbet_promokod_na_segodnya.html
REHMAN
REHMAN Feb 22
When i ordered on your web page on the other hand setting concentration simply somewhat minor submits. Rewarding technique for near future, We are book-marking whenever get men and women down comes up available. Opini Pix
REHMAN
REHMAN Feb 22
I love the numerous blogposts, We critically loved, I'd like information about this, because it is quite fantastic., Regards regarding indicating. Opini Pix
ALI SHER
ALI SHER Feb 23
I was recommended this web website by my cousin. I’m not sure whether this post is written by him as nobody else know such detailed about my difficulty. Indosloters
ALI SHER
ALI SHER Feb 26
Hello there! Nice post! Please inform us when all could see a follow up! HP HARD DRIVES
ALI SHER
ALI SHER Feb 26
great post, very informative. I’m wondering why the other experts of this sector do not notice this. You must proceed your writing. I am confident, you have a huge readers’ base already! Jun-88
ALI SHER
ALI SHER Feb 26
Your blog is spectacular. A lot of the things on your own page are usually my consent concerning. we appreciate you discussing. Jun88
ALI SHER
ALI SHER Feb 27
When I originally commented I clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and today when a comment is added I purchase four emails using the same comment. Possibly there is in any manner you possibly can eliminate me from that service? Thanks! pemenang777
ALI SHER
ALI SHER Feb 29
This web-site is actually a walk-through like the data it suited you about it and didn’t know who to question. Glimpse here, and you’ll absolutely discover it. mẹo cược games jun88
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 »