We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Mailer Error | Forum

Antoine Banks
Antoine Banks Aug 24 '15
Hi.

Ok. Upon installation of Oxwall, I had to go to my net2ftp and open "/ow_includes/config.php" in order to turn on my debug mode. After that, I refreshed the page and it showed the "Please confirm your email address." page and I hit send. When, I hit send, it took me to the following page that you see in the image.

Btw, every time, I upload the site, I end up going though this. Would your programmers PLEASE fix the errors to where this won't happen, anymore? Thanks.

Now, at first, I tried:
[code]
if ( defined('OW_CRON') )
{
    define('OW_DEBUG_MODE', true);
}
else
{
    /**
    * Make changes in this block if you want to enable DEV mode and DEBUG mode
    */

}
[/code]

but it seems to not work. So, I tried:
[code]
if ( defined('OW_CRON') )
{
    define('OW_DEBUG_MODE', false);
}
else
{
    /**
    * Make changes in this block if you want to enable DEV mode and DEBUG mode
    */

}
[/code]

and it seems to have given me something.

After, I read "
Make changes in this block if you want to enable DEV mode and DEBUG mode," I decided to change the first one back to "false" and keep the second on "true." Is this right? If so, then, why isn't it originally coded that way in the fist place?

But what is the true way that the debug mode needs to be in order to keep it from erroring out? Thanks.
The Forum post is edited by Antoine Banks Aug 24 '15
Attachments:
  Mailer Error.jpg (295Kb)
ross Team
ross Aug 24 '15
Please do the search before posting anything on the forum: http://www.oxwall.org/...h?&q=instantiate

in order to turn debug mode off/on you need to change false to true or to !false in the bottom block

MatthewMorgan
MatthewMorgan Dec 9 '23
When encountering a frustration often mounts as the seamless exchange of digital communication is disrupted. This technological hiccup, often signaled by cryptic error messages, can stem from various issues such as incorrect configurations, server glitches, or outdated software. The elusive resolution may reside in checking server settings, validating email addresses, or perhaps, exploring the intricacies of mailer boxes the digital compartments governing the flow of information through the intricate web of electronic communication. Users may find themselves perplexed as they navigate the labyrinth of error codes and troubleshooting steps. In the quest for a solution, one must decipher the intricate dance of data transmission.