We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

just hangs - Advanced Poker | Forum

bobbi
bobbi Aug 31 '15
some reason the plug in has stopped working 

it just hangs, it was working fine,  i run firebug and it shows a 403 forbidden

other plug ins work fine

my web host has just migrated all sites on my server to a new server is it related to this

Purusothaman Ramanujam
Strange. Does it happen on all browsers?
bobbi
bobbi Sep 6 '15
tried on firefox and safari on two computers, i am running 1.7.1 at the moment but will get my site updated in the next two weeks once i know 1.8 is running ok maybe that might solve it, it is strange gifts, photo uploads etc all run just fine

my members love this plug in and i would love to get it working again, i just tried it again and it still hangs but i checked my error logs and it doesnt return any error, only firebug returns the forbidden error

The Forum post is edited by bobbi Sep 7 '15
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Ok. Some other user had some issue like this before. It was actually related to some server configuration. 

Can you please PM me your site details?

bobbi
bobbi Oct 2 '15
all deatails sent to you by private message a while ago, members are missing this plug in now :(
bobbi
bobbi Oct 11 '15
Resent details, all access details in one message then remembered i didnt give you the url for the site so sent that as a second message so you will have two messages from me :)
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Replied there :)
bobbi
bobbi Nov 16 '15
Pm again puru with good news
bob
bob Nov 19 '15
My poker stopped working hangs also

Could this have anything to do with the cron not working like it should?

bobbi
bobbi Nov 19 '15
Bob my issue is resolved, my site was migrated to a different server and mod security was enabled on my server, my host disabled it and advance poke works again
bob
bob Nov 19 '15
Thanks I will check that out I have Arvixe they sold and now it is not so good, they won't know what I am talking about but I will  try
bobbi
bobbi Nov 19 '15
I am with arvixe too, have they recently migrated you to a new sever, it took a while to get replies as they have so many tickets, i had to use twitter to gee up a reply but we got there and they disabled it for me,

have you ran firebug using firefox browser to see if your poke plug in returns a 403 error this is what i did, start firebug then try click your poke and while it is hanging the firebug console should return the 403 forbidden error, did you look at my screenshot in the first post :) i sent the screenshot to arvixe, i also posted on the oxwall support to ask about this issue. It was ross that pointed me to mod_security module being enabled,
The Forum post is edited by bobbi Nov 19 '15
bob
bob Nov 20 '15
Can't run firebug I have fire fox but can't  run the fire bug I did download the fire bug plugin but can't find it Arvixe did disable mod security and that did on good
bob
bob Nov 24 '15
Arvixe says mod security was enabled  can not be disabled
bob
bob Nov 24 '15
I installed the old poker and that works. Why would advanced poker not work

Arvixe -- No help 

Purusothaman Ramanujam

Quote from bob I installed the old poker and that works. Why would advanced poker not work

Arvixe -- No help 

Can you share details of your site url, admin url via private message.
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Jan 7 '17
I am having the same thing. The preloader for the floatbox shows, but it doesn't load. As some of the others; I am with Arvixe, but I don't think they will disable mod security for one user on a shared server.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Can i have your site url and a test user to try this out?
bobbi
bobbi Jan 8 '17
Darryl they did disable mod security for me when I was with arvixe, this solved the problem, I was on a shared server one of the Dallas shared, I am not with arvixe now, I am still on shared and my new host disabled mod security straight away
The Forum post is edited by bobbi Jan 8 '17
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Thanks Bobbi. Yeah, I guess the same too.
Pages: 1 2 »
You do not have permission to reply this topic